GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
899 Posts
Understood on factors that impact range but I had assumed they would calculate the estimate under optimal conditions in order to provide a maximum range. I was not aware it was based on mixed driving. Thanks for the clarification! I can't imagine I will ever need 450 miles of range for city driving but it's helpful to understand that 329 already effectively factors in a haircut for highway driving.
There are three MPGe numbers for EVs, highway, city and combined. For the Hummer those are 43, 51 and 47. So really the city EPA range would be 357 miles and the highway EPA range 301 miles. But the highway range measured by EPA is at an average of about 48 mph, not 65 or 70. The city number is based on 20 mph average. There is a cycle for each one, those can be found here: https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/18/how-does-epa-calculate-electric-car-range/

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
899 Posts
What's gas at now? I haven't been paying attention 😂
Just filled up my boat, needed just over half a tank, $135. Price in Phoenix is $5.40. My two EVs cost about $50 per month to charge for both combined. I have bought gas for my truck only twice this year, it is a garage queen except for towing and hauling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.