GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
250 Posts
Did you hear she says different drive unit housing and inverters from the Hummer, coming with GM's recent announcements about Silicon Carbide, I think we have a clue that this will have Silicon Carbide inverters which is huge for efficiency, I think the 400 mile range might be slow play, it might even be better then that?

The design of this truck, like all great designs, gives me a warmer feeling every time I see it. Great Job Chevrolet.
More electrons for the charge here: Vitesco: Major US Automaker Orders Millions Of 800V SiC Inverters

Vitesco just got an order for millions of 800V silicon carbide inverters from a Major US Automotive Manufacture.

That "800V" basically means GM made this order.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
my dad got a reservation for an RST edition one at classic Chevy here in Houston and they told him there going to want a lot over MSRP even doe he has a reservation
I reserved a regular RST, I wasn’t paying attention to the launch and placed my reservation several hours later into the day.
John Elway Chevy in Denver called me twice, when I finally picked up they asked for $1000 to “reserve my place in line” and “it’s just something they are doing”
I told the guy that’s ok since that wouldn’t even guarantee what place in line I am when compared with others that would pay up. Also I feel like it gives them a false sense of entitlement, or the impression of leverage, to mark up above MSRP. I’ll likely change my resi to another dealership but it feels like I have some time to figure that process out.
plus I don’t know if I’d really want the RST if the ED1 is everything I’m expecting it to be… this was a backup plan in case some one offers a ridiculous amount for my ED1

·
Registered
49 Posts
LOL boy am I seeing a lot of youtube videos pop up trying to attack GM and Ford from Tesla fans this past week.
It's clear GM and Ford are just rushing their vehicles out the door if they aren't having to push the deliveries back until 2023 [/s]

·
Registered
243 Posts
This one with Sandy Munro was the worst. Unbelievable bias against GM.
Yea I saw that one with Sandy and it was irritating to say the least. I don’t even think he did his homework on the Silverado before the interview. He got some basic facts wrong and kept deflecting questions to the ICE Silverado for comparison - he worked on the Ram so of course that is his favorite - like talking about how the Silverado needed independent suspension and air springs. Guess what Sandy the Silverado E has those. He might be a good engineer but he knows nothing about the new GM products coming out.

·
Administrator
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Munro... He has become a Tesla Fan Boy Shill.... He just says things to get clicks and make his Tesla fan boy followers happy...
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: Nebula1701

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think its a great design, and like most great designs you cannot fully appreciate it in the first look, but it grows on you, and then other pickups look obsolete.
I agree... Many times GM has redesigned their full size trucks and I didn't like them at 1st and then after seeing them in person and on the road, I began to like them much better than the previous ones. Now, that being said, I really do not like the side mirrors on the current 1500's....the Big Tow mirrors on the 2500's have grown on me... I do like the mirrors on the new Silverado EV....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm glad I put a deposit on this. Choices aren't a bad thing to have. On pure functionality and practicality the Silverado wins hands down. On the cool, unique view the Hummer is really quite something. I also give style points for GM using the poster child for gas guzzling and environmental irresponsibility into an EV.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts