GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man. I just think it’s ugly. I know it’s sleek for the mileage but it just looks like a concept truck. It’s just soft looking

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Man. I just think it’s ugly. I know it’s sleek for the mileage but it just looks like a concept truck. It’s just soft looking
It is soft looking, and that is for aerodynamics. But while you are stopped at every charging station on a road trip in your Hummer and this goes cruising by, you might get it. Hummer is cool, but a toy... This is a usable vehicle you can take the family on a road trip in, and do almost everything a Hummer can do, with the exception of the most severe off roading. It's all trade offs, what do the most customers want?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
According to Mary Barra (in the video below) the First Edition RST sold out in 12 minutes! Does anyone know how many First Editions Chevrolet will build? For the Hummer EV, Edition 1 is limited to ~1,200. Will the RST First Edition be as rare? Chevy unveiled its cheapest electric model yet, a $30,000 crossover SUV (msn.com)
GM is not telling... But I assume the number is small, 1000-5000. This like the Hummer and initial Lyriq is the launch model, and will not be offered later. Of course someone could stack the options on another model...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
This looks really nice so I reserved, but what about GMC and a nice Sierra Denali EV?
GMC is going to announce their pickup in Q2, I cannot wait to see it.

As for the Ram, that is not what it will look like, that's a concept rendering, look at the cab height and sight lines, purely. a concept drawing

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
246 Posts

As for the Ram, that is not what it will look like, that's a concept rendering, look at the cab height and sight lines, purely. a concept drawing
Yeah I know it's a concept drawing, but it teases a shape I'm sure Ram will follow.
Just as we've seen the concept drawing for the Silverado EV.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Did you hear she says different drive unit housing and inverters from the Hummer, coming with GM's recent announcements about Silicon Carbide, I think we have a clue that this will have Silicon Carbide inverters which is huge for efficiency, I think the 400 mile range might be slow play, it might even be better then that?

The design of this truck, like all great designs, gives me a warmer feeling every time I see it. Great Job Chevrolet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Considering the Silverado is even longer than the Hummer, I wonder if they'll stuff more batteries in the Sierra to hit that 450 mile range that has been mentioned before?

Or the Sierra Denali could have a shorter 5 foot bed and more focus on luxury.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Considering the Silverado is even longer than the Hummer, I wonder if they'll stuff more batteries in the Sierra to hit that 450 mile range that has been mentioned before?

Or the Sierra Denali could have a shorter 5 foot bed and more focus on luxury.
Length is actually a good thing when it comes to aerodynamic drag, longer vehicles give you more space for more optimal shapes. The 24 module pack will be GM's largest, and this Silverado might end up with more range than they are saying. We will have to wait a year to find out. Interestingly Spring Hill battery plant has been mentioned to be producing something different than Lordstown on the form factor or chemistry of the batteries, I need to see more details, but perhaps Spring hill batteries will be more dense, and therefore the reason RST is launching so far behind WT models. GM could perhaps be planning to use the Spring Hill batteries in the higher end Silverado's while they wait for the Lansing battery plant to open up in 2024, Then use Lordstown for initial Hummer, Lyriq, and Bright drop, eventually shifting Lordstown production to Mexico for the Equinox EV? Pure speculation, but I am surprised they are launching the WT SilveradoE first by 6 months, and think there must be a hardware reason?

I see a few major changes on the Silverado E from the Hummer, it appears they shifted the cab back slightly on the chassis, but the windshield base is brought forward, making the nose look smaller, this has the effect of shifting the battery weight centerline forward, and hence more tow (tongue weight) rating. Also the rear structure is completely different than the HummerEV. I would love to look at them with a tape measure in hand and see what the engineers are trying to do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Length is actually a good thing when it comes to aerodynamic drag, longer vehicles give you more space for more optimal shapes. The 24 module pack will be GM's largest, and this Silverado might end up with more range than they are saying. We will have to wait a year to find out. Interestingly Spring Hill battery plant has been mentioned to be producing something different than Lordstown on the form factor or chemistry of the batteries, I need to see more details, but perhaps Spring hill batteries will be more dense, and therefore the reason RST is launching so far behind WT models. GM could perhaps be planning to use the Spring Hill batteries in the higher end Silverado's while they wait for the Lansing battery plant to open up in 2024, Then use Lordstown for initial Hummer, Lyriq, and Bright drop, eventually shifting Lordstown production to Mexico for the Equinox EV? Pure speculation, but I am surprised they are launching the WT SilveradoE first by 6 months, and think there must be a hardware reason?

I see a few major changes on the Silverado E from the Hummer, it appears they shifted the cab back slightly on the chassis, but the windshield base is brought forward, making the nose look smaller, this has the effect of shifting the battery weight centerline forward, and hence more tow (tongue weight) rating. Also the rear structure is completely different than the HummerEV. I would love to look at them with a tape measure in hand and see what the engineers are trying to do.
Lower load floor in the bed compared to the Hummer.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts