GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
The GMC Sierra EV like their other trucks again wins in the looks department (From what we can see) when compared to Chevy, but I like it and it fits with Chevy's new EV Family image introduced with the EUV.

This is very close to what we saw a year ago but massively cleaned up.

·
Administrator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GMC Sierra EV like their other trucks again wins in the looks department (From what we can see) when compared to Chevy, but I like it and it fits with Chevy's new EV Family image introduced with the EUV.

This is very close to what we saw a year ago but massively cleaned up.
I've gotta say, I didn't like the leaked images but I REALLY like how this looks colored and in the finished spec.

It's modern, muscular, aerodynamic and still manages to look enough like a Silverado that it works.

While the GMC is sure to look better...I'm stunned by how much I like this. Color me impressed.

Can't wait to see specs 👍

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I've gotta say, I didn't like the leaked images but I REALLY like how this looks colored and in the finished spec.

It's modern, muscular, aerodynamic and still manages to look enough like a Silverado that it works.

While the GMC is sure to look better...I'm stunned by how much I like this. Color me impressed.

SWEEET... Better then I expected...

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
View attachment 1552

We can pretty much completely ignore this outline now, unless GM surprises with another body style, doubt.
This is what I was thinking they pulled the nose out about a foot for a larger frunk than the Hummer, then laid the windshield way back I think GM nailed this... and this is the RST model, so there will be others. Ford is F---ed

·
Registered
156 Posts
StillHummer said:

I don't like that they felt the need to put a fake grill outline on the Sierra.
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car Hood

I would have preferred that something more like this concept sketch done by a GM designer.
http://instagr.am/p/CVf2_ePtjfC/

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I don't like that they felt the need to put a fake grill outline on the Sierra.
View attachment 1553
I would have preferred that something more like this concept sketch done by a GM designer.
http://instagr.am/p/CVf2_ePtjfC/
I think when you see the GMC you might feel different... The Chevy looks better then I expected, I will wait to see the GMC to decide. Going to order both, give myself options

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
I think when you see the GMC you might feel different... The Chevy looks better then I expected, I will wait to see the GMC to decide. Going to order both, give myself options
Here is a question. Do you think like the Hummer the front of the Frunk is lifted up or do you think for the Silverado it goes down like a tailgate?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Here is a question. Do you think like the Hummer the front of the Frunk is lifted up or do you think for the Silverado it goes down like a tailgate?
The front grill lifts with the hood, like Hummer and ford Lightning. You know though, I am looking again, you could be right... that would be added complexity and weight for not a ton of gain

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here she is kids, the brand new Silverado EV.

Drop your thoughts...extra points for controversial ones.

View attachment 1546
From this photo the overall profile reminds me a lot of the Hummer, especially the back half of the truck. That blue looks really nice. I look forward to seeing the official photos later today.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.