GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good news is yours would be a 23 if it isnt built yet. Dealer sent me the build worksheet on mine being built at the end of this month and its a 2023.
My Dealer just doesn't have any information and says he can't get answers! I'm dealing directly with the General Manager. He already has the accessories I ordered and the unveiling cover, however that's it!!! I still don't have a built email 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
498 Posts
Whats interesting is I have talked to two dealers over the last week and they both have their dealer demo's now scheduled for build, so GM is clearly already moving on beyond the pre-orders now for the Edition 1. What has the concierge told you regarding your order?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Whats interesting is I have talked to two dealers over the last week and they both have their dealer demo's now scheduled for build, so GM is clearly already moving on beyond the pre-orders now for the Edition 1. What has the concierge told you regarding your order?
If @Litshopofguitars is like me, they've told him (after Spring ended) "Oh it looks like you've been moved to Summer delivery now and it should be soon," but they don't unfortunately have access to any additional information (and neither does the dealer).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good news is yours would be a 23 if it isnt built yet. Dealer sent me the build worksheet on mine being built at the end of this month and its a 2023.
Out of curiosity, was there anything different about the '23 mentioned? E.g., do you get the higher amp onboard charger, higher-power AC plug(s) or updated infotainment that are supposedly coming later?

·
Registered
212 Posts
No official news that I’ve seen
This is for a 3X though, right? So there should be more options (colors, wheels, etc.)?

Feels like all or most of the customer ED1s are probably built and sitting in a lot somewhere waiting for a chip or something, unfortunately, if they're already scheduling 3Xs!

Edit to add: Looks like the Power Station Generator is supposed to be 2024 models per the April 2021 release:
Available on 2024 model year SUV Edition 1, EV3X and EV2X, and late availability beginning 2024 model year EV3X and EV2X Pickup. Requires additional accessory equipment. See dealer and Owner’s Manual for more details. 2024 GMC HUMMER EV SUV Offers New Tactical Tech

·
Registered
279 Posts
This seems odd as I can't get any answer from my dealer on project build date for order. And I'm a Fall order. If I talk to the Concierge they still say Oct-Dec.... that wouldn't be cool for dealers to get orders before the customer reserved Edition 1s!

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is for a 3X though, right? So there should be more options (colors, wheels, etc.)?

Feels like all or most of the customer ED1s are probably built and sitting in a lot somewhere waiting for a chip or something, unfortunately, if they're already scheduling 3Xs!

Edit to add: Looks like the Power Station Generator is supposed to be 2024 models per the April 2021 release:
Available on 2024 model year SUV Edition 1, EV3X and EV2X, and late availability beginning 2024 model year EV3X and EV2X Pickup. Requires additional accessory equipment. See dealer and Owner’s Manual for more details. 2024 GMC HUMMER EV SUV Offers New Tactical Tech
There are 2023 edition 1’s being built that letter is not just for 3X. My edition one is scheduled to be built the last week of this month

·
Registered
279 Posts
There are 2023 edition 1’s being built that letter is not just for 3X. My edition one is scheduled to be built the last week of this month
how are you sure your getting a 2023? Def let us know when confirm the VIN changes if so. I was told I’d get a 2022 in Oct-Dec but who knows who to believe now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had two dealers show me their build sheets. My dealer was only expecting an Edition 1 SUV per his dealer agreement and then his GM rep called him last week and said to turn in his order in case he was adding any accessories. Build week is 8/29 and he sent me the build sheet and it says 2023 right on top. I confirmed this with my other buddy who is a GM at a GMC dealer and he showed me his build sheet also. His is scheduled as well but I didn't ask him the build date. Since I was the first reservation for my dealer (originally a 3x) they called me right away and offered me the Edition 1 but I just have to wait 6 months to pick it up so I'll just go drool over it until then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It would make sense that they changed over to 2023 with the factory retool last month. Probably got some things in order for 3X’s to begin once they finish up the Edition 1s, logistics for different colors, options, etc. since they won’t just be building an identical truck over and over once that happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts