GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nearly 10K miles on my Hummer EV and I have been getting great efficiency (for the hummer). I am averaging >2.0 miles per kWh. Pretty incredible if you ask me. The only thing that i think is really helping me is the power bed cover.

Anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you think the power bed cover is helping?
I have been getting 1.3 to 1.8 with the standard cover.
There are actually two primary factors?:
The cover is likely contributing about .2 miles per kWh (This was made from comparing the efficiency with an open bed at highway speeds)
Max regen is likely worth about .4 miles per kWh versus mid regen.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
67 MPGe. I'd say that's great given the size. Somewhat unrelated, what's the max regen? My Bolt will pull up to 70 kw.
It's over 300kW. It was actually hard to watch it as that's enough Regen to bring the Hummer to a stop way before the line when you're doing 10 over and second guess a yellow but decide you should stop, without touching the brake pedal.

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
900 Posts
There are actually two primary factors?:
The cover is likely contributing about .2 miles per kWh (This was made from comparing the efficiency with an open bed at highway speeds)
Max regen is likely worth about .4 miles per kWh versus mid regen.
A guy with a Rivian tested his with cover closed and open, on the highway. The difference was only 1%. He also tested with the tailgate down, and that reduced efficiency by >5%.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
A guy with a Rivian tested his with cover closed and open, on the highway. The difference was only 1%. He also tested with the tailgate down, and that reduced efficiency by >5%.
The Rivian's rear spoiler is likely contributing to the lower losses here more so than the sail panels in the Hummer are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts