GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning brought about a new discovery for me. Got a phone notification banner that the software on the truck had been updated (fingers crossed that its related to Extract mode and the dealership / TAC figure out how to get it functioning this morning). I went into the myGMC app to see if I could find more details but it doesnt appear to have any way to drill into the update history of the vehicle. However, while clicking through everything I came across the "GMC Smart Driver" option on the "More" page. And WOW did it surprise me. Not the silly score from GMC but the fact that hidden in this obscure part of the app is the history of every drive the truck has been on since I purchased it with a bunch of telemetry data captured!!!

If you havent stubbled on this yet (I hadnt seen any mention of it here) go check it out. Guess there is no 'sneaking off' in the truck and if you loan it out you can see quite a bit of what someone does with it.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
GM has had this feature for several years. No secrete for those who have had GM vehicles in the past. GM will be using this for their OnStar insurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts