GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw that today… got excited…. No real info. Commercial did renew some hype for me after watching all the stale first drive videos on you tube
Must say, had the GMC Hummer email delivered yesterday and for the first time I thought it was the Big One.... Come order your EV1! But sadly NO. The anticipation wait continues..... Will call dealership nest week and post any updates.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm almost at the point where those emails are just annoying. Instead of giving us some kind of status, ie, we're this close to production, or some kind of actual news that's important to us that hold reservations, they give us marketing emails. Yeah, we're already in, we're already pumped, just take my money and make me happy. hehe

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I'm almost at the point where those emails are just annoying. Instead of giving us some kind of status, ie, we're this close to production, or some kind of actual news that's important to us that hold reservations, they give us marketing emails. Yeah, we're already in, we're already pumped, just take my money and make me happy. hehe
I agree, GM is really dropping the ball on communications. When they launched the HummerEV program they said they would communicate with reservations holders regularly and keep us updated. Even @Aloppen posted here, he would keep us in the loop, but has failed to do so. I am not bashing on Al, as he is not the problem, but GM's communications department is living in the stone ages. You see Ford's CEO, and head of communications active on twitter, and doing a great job of getting their message out, meanwhile GM seems to only want to talk to institutional investors and completely disconnected from customers. Ford also seems to be paying closer attention to their customers experiences online and responding quickly to problems and question.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Other thing that kills me is the new Cadillac reservations opened last month and they are supposed to be getting delivered about the same time as the 3x/first editions. Why did they open up reservations a year plus from delivery and not closer to actual production. Or was that just to gauge people interest in an electric platformed 4x4. At least we’re not in the same predicament as folks waiting on a cyber truck but I’d expect more from a traditional car manufacturer than a start up based company in the first place.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Other thing that kills me is the new Cadillac reservations opened last month and they are supposed to be getting delivered about the same time as the 3x/first editions. Why did they open up reservations a year plus from delivery and not closer to actual production. Or was that just to gauge people interest in an electric platformed 4x4. At least we’re not in the same predicament as folks waiting on a cyber truck but I’d expect more from a traditional car manufacturer than a start up based company in the first place.
HuH? Most open reservations about a year before deliveries on EV's, Ford did that too with F150, Jaguar with I-Pace, Audi with E-tron, Tesla a couple years for their programs. Lyriq Launch Edition is starting production spring 2022 deliveries in the first half of 2022, so they took reservations 8 months or so prior to start of production. Hummer Ev 3X is not coming until fall 2022, so likely 6 months behind Lyriq, with deliveries about a year behind Hummer Ev Edition 1. I think the ramp for Lyriq and EV3 will be slow at first as it will take GM time to ramp up the Lordstown battery factory. I would bet the delivery cadence is something like Hummer ED1 December 2021, Lyriq June 2022, Hummer EV3 December 2022, HummerEV SUV March 2023.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.