GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Duncan Aldred, Buick and GMC Global Vice President said the Hummer EV “sold out for two years or more.”. Seems like an exaggeration, but considering the large number of reservations and the waiting time should be quite long for new orders.

Assuming that all reservations turn into binding orders, this means that GNCs must produce 45,000 per year. It’s hard to say the company will be able to produce so many Hummer EVs in 2023.

GM Authority in its report said that for approximately one year, the company produced 2,570 GMC Hummer EV pickup trucks.

Source: GMC Hummer EVs pickup, SUV are “sold out for two years or more”

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know I typically get shouted down on this forum when I bring it up, but it seems like a pipe dream that yearly production will go from 2500 to 40,000 by the end of 2023. Even getting to half that feels optimistic. They haven’t even begun to begin the process for getting customer orders for vehicles that come after the 1200 Ed1s and demos. I will be both shocked AND pleased if they do what they say they’re going to, but not surprised if they don’t. Two or three months ago people on here were saying we’d be seeing 1-2k trucks a month being produced by now. I keep waiting for them to slam on the gas with production like they keep saying they are any moment now. I’m guessing the 3X promotional truck we’ve seen technically counts as being made before “Fall ‘22” but with it taking months for some on here to get their edition one trucks after getting a built email, it seems increasingly unlikely that a normal customer will get their 3X before December 31, 2022. Less than two months away.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Stating that explicitly would be nice. Managed expectations. My problem has never been with the pace of production, it's been with the lack of communication and transparency. Hummers getting built slowly? Fine. Then the tell the eager customers your timeline is shifting so they aren't "any moment now" for months and years based very old comments you haven't bothered to clarify or update in the face of painfully obvious delays. Give EV concierge a better idea of the situation and rolling updates to give customers who call. Edition 1 customers shouldn't be left with a figurative shrug for months on what's going on with their trucks. They need a top down rethink about customer relations to go along with their EV revolution. It's an opportunity to be better that they're fumbling.

·
Registered
256 Posts
They at least appear to be learning since they cut off Sierra Denali EV reservations quickly. That way you don't end up with 90k Hummer Reservation or 150k+ Silverado EV reservation holders going "where's my EV?", you've just got the first batch waiting, which is a WAY easier order and level of expectation to fulfill. I'm sure that, in hindsight, they would have probably cut off Hummer EV reservations within a day or two. Reservations made in 2022 on Hummer EVs when they KNEW it would be 2+ years to fulfill and when the production/recall hiccups started served no positive purpose and only increased the potential for disappointment in eager customers. Most of us here are just excited to get a Hummer and would like to be a little more in the know in regards to when that will happen.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Stating that explicitly would be nice. Managed expectations. My problem has never been with the pace of production, it's been with the lack of communication and transparency. Hummers getting built slowly? Fine. Then the tell the eager customers your timeline is shifting so they aren't "any moment now" for months and years based very old comments you haven't bothered to clarify or update in the face of painfully obvious delays. Give EV concierge a better idea of the situation and rolling updates to give customers who call. Edition 1 customers shouldn't be left with a figurative shrug for months on what's going on with their trucks. They need a top down rethink about customer relations to go along with their EV revolution. It's an opportunity to be better that they're fumbling.
Amen!

·
Registered
64 Posts
They at least appear to be learning since they cut off Sierra Denali EV reservations quickly. That way you don't end up with 90k Hummer Reservation or 150k+ Silverado EV reservation holders going "where's my EV?", you've just got the first batch waiting, which is a WAY easier order and level of expectation to fulfill. I'm sure that, in hindsight, they would have probably cut off Hummer EV reservations within a day or two. Reservations made in 2022 on Hummer EVs when they KNEW it would be 2+ years to fulfill and when the production/recall hiccups started served no positive purpose and only increased the potential for disappointment in eager customers. Most of us here are just excited to get a Hummer and would like to be a little more in the know in regards to when that will happen.
I stopped holding my breath when they de-prioritized Hummer EV production and my monthly Hummer status calls from the dealer ceased.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts