GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

GM Authority put together a comparison chart between Hummer EV Pickup sales and Rivian R1T sales in Q3 2022.

Sales Numbers - Specialty EV Pickup Trucks - Q3 2022 - USA

TOTAL*4,811**8,7820
MODELQ3 22 / Q3 21Q3 22Q3 21Q3 22 SHAREYTD 22 / YTD 21YTD 22YTD 21
RIVIAN R1T*4,400*91%*8,0000
GMC HUMMER EV PICKUP*411*9%*7820

The GM Authority Take
GMC Hummer EV Pickup sales were minimal during the third quarter of 2022 as a result of extremely low inventory, caused by minimal production volumes.

Production of the 2022 Hummer EV Pickup began when the first Edition 1 model rolled off the assembly line at the GM Factory Zero plant (née GM Detroit-Hamtramck plant) in Michigan. Since then, GM has been steadily increasing production volume until June 2022, when GM began prioritizing the limited number of the Ultium battery supply toward the production Cadillac Lyriq. In addition, production was also idled for a month as the Factory Zero plant received tooling upgrades for future products. Despite these setbacks, production has been increasing every month, with 1,455 units build in November 2022.

· Registered
468 Posts
I saw a R1S in November around Thanksgiving (I think it was) in the Ashville area... It was dark and HEAVY traffic and it passed me before I saw it coming... I wasn't ever able to get along side of it to get a better look... But I liked it a lot... I kind of wish I had put a reservation down for one now... It would be a great car for the wife to drive...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts