GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We might have an idea of what type of tires the Hummer will have thanks to Motor Trend.

According to them the Hummer will be sporting BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 tires. They didn't specify the size but those tires are sized from 28 to 39 inches.

However the power is metered out, it appears to be going to the ground via BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 tires, which are manufactured in sizes ranging from 28 to 39 inches. It's not clear whether this tire will be offered from the factory, at the dealer, or if it was just used for this mock-up. It's also not clear what size tire will be offered from the factory, though similar factory built off-road trucks such as the Ford F-250 Tremor have 35-inch tires standard.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We might have an idea of what type of tires the Hummer will have thanks to Motor Trend.

According to them the Hummer will be sporting BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 tires. They didn't specify the size but those tires are sized from 28 to 39 inches.

However the power is metered out, it appears to be going to the ground via BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 tires, which are manufactured in sizes ranging from 28 to 39 inches. It's not clear whether this tire will be offered from the factory, at the dealer, or if it was just used for this mock-up. It's also not clear what size tire will be offered from the factory, though similar factory built off-road trucks such as the Ford F-250 Tremor have 35-inch tires standard.
Oakwood, I can't remember the exact source I read this at, or else I would provide it for you, but they said a GMC rep told them that the stock tires will be 35's, with the biggest tire offering (likely on the tri-motor Hummers, and maybe on the dual-motor versions) being 37's.

For reference, the monstrous Ford Raptor uses 34 inch tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Oakwood I can't agree with you on the tires. They are pure off road tires not for highway. My guess is they will look for something which is great on highways and has some off road capabilities

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Oakwood I can't agree with you on the tires. They are pure off road tires not for highway. My guess is they will look for something which is great on highways and has some off road capabilities
Potentially on the lowest trim level, 2007, but the actual Hummer models shown to the price were wearing off-road dedicated tires. The original Hummers from the 2000's were the same. Expect all tires to be big, off-road variants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts