GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General Motors has announced that they've started winter testing for the Hummer.

DETROIT – The GMC HUMMER EV has arrived at GM’s Milford Proving Grounds to continue validation tests and will head to northern Michigan to run through the team’s grueling winter testing process. We will document the journey and share updates in the coming weeks and months. The HUMMER EV’s development speed was enabled by extensive virtual testing, which will be a hallmark of GM programs moving forward and it will begin initial production in Fall 2021.

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
With the consistency of a fine Swiss watch, great find as usual, @Oakwood!! And great news!

·
Registered
124 Posts
General Motors has announced that they've started winter testing for the Hummer.

DETROIT – The GMC HUMMER EV has arrived at GM’s Milford Proving Grounds to continue validation tests and will head to northern Michigan to run through the team’s grueling winter testing process. We will document the journey and share updates in the coming weeks and months. The HUMMER EV’s development speed was enabled by extensive virtual testing, which will be a hallmark of GM programs moving forward and it will begin initial production in Fall 2021.

View attachment 488 View attachment 489 View attachment 490
Cool, did you see the size of the heat exchanger? in an EV? GM is definitely installing a robust cooling system

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
At the speeds it's capable of it better get as much cooling as possible haha. It can't be like a Tesla where after one launch in Ludicrous mode it loses power.
And supposedly Al Oppenheiser said that they won't limit it after WTF runs...there won't be power restrictions. You'll be able to run your Hummer in 0-60 tests as long as you want, right up until the battery is nearly drained lol. I don't think most will beat it so badly, but it's nice to know that they're engineering in cooling to let you run her hard!

·
Registered
124 Posts
And supposedly Al Oppenheiser said that they won't limit it after WTF runs...there won't be power restrictions. You'll be able to run your Hummer in 0-60 tests as long as you want, right up until the battery is nearly drained lol. I don't think most will beat it so badly, but it's nice to know that they're engineering in cooling to let you run her hard!
Yes, but if Tesla is any indicator, too many hard runs will degrade the drivetrain. I recently saw a video with Bjorn Nyland talking about how his Model 3 performance, has loosened up in the drivetrain (become noisy ) after not more then a dozen hard accelerations 0-60. Tesla Model X performance is also knows for clunking the front half shafts on hard accelerations (this has been a problem in the entire history of Model X, still not fixed in the Raven). I hope GM engineers the Hummer EV drive units to be more durable.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, but if Tesla is any indicator, too many hard runs will degrade the drivetrain. I recently saw a video with Bjorn Nyland talking about how his Model 3 performance, has loosened up in the drivetrain (become noisy ) after not more then a dozen hard accelerations 0-60. Tesla Model X performance is also knows for clunking the front half shafts on hard accelerations (this has been a problem in the entire history of Model X, still not fixed in the Raven). I hope GM engineers the Hummer EV drive units to be more durable.
They need to try and steal Porsche's secrets with the Taycan. That thing launches like crazy over and over again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts