GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
63 Posts
These photos were posted in the facebook group. Some Hummers have made it to Colorado.

View attachment 864 View attachment 865
The poster also saw them in action: "The crab walk and launch were really cool to see in person."

Someone that commented on that Facebook post also spotted some and had a chat with the engineers!
"These trucks are out and about being tested by some of the engineers. I was fortunate enough to get to chat with a few of them today about the vehicles and all the fun things they can do. What a truly great group of people and the trucks are pretty cool too. I’m even more excited to get our edition one after meeting these guys and gals."

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm reserved for the SUV. If the EQE SUV shows great ability I could jump over. I've had two GLE's and they were great vehicles.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
231 Posts
No photo, but this guy posted a check-in at an EA charging site at Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe:

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
63 Posts
A Hummer EV prototype was recently spotted at an Electrify America charging station.
Wheel Car Cloud Tire Vehicle

"Here is an interesting finding of two prototypes of upcoming electric vehicles - the GMC Hummer EV pickup and Nissan Ariya.

Both were seen at Electrify America's fast-charging station by EV, Eh?, who was driving from the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) to Normal, Illinois to see Rivian R1T (shown later in the video).

Besides the electric Hummer and Nissan Ariya, there was also a Polestar 2 test vehicle.

"While at a Supercharger today that happened to be next to an Electrify America, I ended up spotting the Hummer SUT EV, the Polestar2, and the Nissan Ariya. All of them are unobtanium as far as I know? I guess its not a surprise given that the EA was near Detroit... I will be posting more content on this soon!"
Unfortunately, the video does not show the charger's display, but we heard a 66 kW number for the Hummer (it is expected to go up to 350 kW).

We guess that this fast-charging location might be used for real-world test purposes ahead of the market launch of new products. It would be worth tracking it down and visiting it from time to time to see what is going on.

The GMC Hummer EV is expected to enter the market in the Fall of 2021 (the Edition 1 version), while the Nissan Ariya might be delayed until some point in 2022 (in Japan it will be 2021/2022, while in Europe it's Summer 2022).

The Polestar 2 is already on the market, but the company is introducing new versions, while the Rivian R1T and Rivian R1S are just getting ready customer deliveries (initially it might be a slow delivery process)."

21 - 37 of 37 Posts