GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Came across this video of a truck carrying two Hummer EV pickups. The person who posted the video says it was taken on I-94 West in Michigan, toward Chicago.

These could be heading to the west coast for more test
Came across this video of a truck carrying two Hummer EV pickups. The person who posted the video says it was taken on I-94 West in Michigan, toward Chicago.

Interesting, I wonder where they are going? GM is really cranking out the prototypes now, these appear so clean, I assume they were just built. Looking at the route they are on, that is the google maps "truck" route Warren MI to Yuma AZ (just a guess)

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
231 Posts
These could be heading to the west coast for more test

Interesting, I wonder where they are going? GM is really cranking out the prototypes now, these appear so clean, I assume they were just built. Looking at the route they are on, that is the google maps "truck" route Warren MI to Yuma AZ (just a guess)
I already saw a video of one truck in Yuma and was told at Barret Jackson they have at least two there already. Hot temps are coming in June, they are likely to get some 120 deg days here in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I already saw a video of one truck in Yuma and was told at Barret Jackson they have at least two there already. Hot temps are coming in June, they are likely to get some 120 deg days here in Arizona.
[/QUOTE
With all of the validation required on a new platform in a compressed time schedule it takes quite a few vehicles. They will want to collect so much data on different temperatures, and humidity, also I am sure a couple of the trucks will be exclusively doing towing and mountain testing. They will likely be showing up in Colorado sometime soon in TFL's backyard. I would imagine sighting are going to be much more often in the next few months, and likely to see our first fully trimmed out prototypes before summer.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With all of the validation required on a new platform in a compressed time schedule it takes quite a few vehicles. They will want to collect so much data on different temperatures, and humidity, also I am sure a couple of the trucks will be exclusively doing towing and mountain testing. They will likely be showing up in Colorado sometime soon in TFL's backyard. I would imagine sighting are going to be much more often in the next few months, and likely to see our first fully trimmed out prototypes before summer.
I was thinking along those lines as well. I can't imagine they're done doing winter/mountain testing at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts