GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No it is a standard door but a roll up sectional door so the frame it sits on is 79".
I understand your issue with the garage door opening. My garage door opener (motor) allowed me to adjust the door to where it is fully retracted (flat) to where there the door garage door opening is clear and the bottom of the door is pulled completely out of the way... Hope that helps but, looks like 37" tires are not possible.
If what I read is true it is 81.1" tall so won't fit in my garage!
Hi, I'm thinking we will be ok with the height and garage opening clearance issues.

I expect we will be able to lower the air suspension 2" for parking. If you look at WTF mode it lowers the stance 2". I cant believe we can not do it manually....

·
Registered
751 Posts
I understand your issue with the garage door opening. My garage door opener (motor) allowed me to adjust the door to where it is fully retracted (flat) to where there the door garage door opening is clear and the bottom of the door is pulled completely out of the way... Hope that helps but, looks like 37" tires are not possible.

Hi, I'm thinking we will be ok with the height and garage opening clearance issues.

I expect we will be able to lower the air suspension 2" for parking. If you look at WTF mode it lowers the stance 2". I cant believe we can not do it manually....
I think we will be able to set it in the lowered mode, that is actually the mode with the best CV joint angles, and likely the most efficient mode to drive in, but will look silly going down the road as a low rider.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think we will be able to set it in the lowered mode, that is actually the mode with the best CV joint angles, and likely the most efficient mode to drive in, but will look silly going down the road as a low rider.
Hi,
I think you missed the point on the vehicle height. The point was to be able to lower the EV1 to park inside the garage or parking structure when clearance is an issue. See full read on dimensions and another on 37" tires.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi,
I think you missed the point on the vehicle height. The point was to be able to lower the EV1 to park inside the garage or parking structure when clearance is an issue. See full read on dimensions and another on 37" tires.
Sorry for my poor explanation, I am sure the Hummer will be able to be set in the low mode anytime the driver wants. Some cars only let you lower in parking garages because it puts the CV joints in a less optimal position and they do not want you to use power or go fast like that, but for the Hummer the lower setting makes everything more optimal drive train wise. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for my poor explanation, I am sure the Hummer will be able to be set in the low mode anytime the driver wants. Some cars only let you lower in parking garages because it puts the CV joints in a less optimal position and they do not want you to use power or go fast like that, but for the Hummer the lower setting makes everything more optimal drive train wise. Does that make sense?
Yeah, I gotcha. Ur right. Thx

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
124 Posts
Based on this photo, I think the 81 inches is with full extract mode. The GMC rep in the back ground was about 6 ft tall and you can see the truck is less than 1 ft taller than him.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,
Well hopefully the Hummer has an automatic lower setting similar to what the Corvette has where the front lift raises the front of the car using the GPS. You just tell it once and it does it everytime! Since many of the Corvette engineers have supposedly been moved to the Hummer team, this should be a no brainer. :)

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well hopefully the Hummer has an automatic lower setting similar to what the Corvette has where the front lift raises the front of the car using the GPS. You just tell it once and it does it everytime! Since many of the Corvette engineers have supposedly been moved to the Hummer team, this should be a no brainer. :)
I don't see why it can't be done. In WTF mode the suspension lowers 2 inches.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For the SUV so far we only know the wheelbase: 126.7". The truck is 135.6".

They will announce the dimensions sometime next week apparently.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pretty sure this prototype is parked in the lowest suspension setting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I have a double bay garage, I’m more worried about the width when entering/existing my garage. Does anyone know if the Hummer EV will have automatic folding side mirrors? For over a $100k vehicle I would hope so. If not, it’s going to be a big hassle every time I park in the garage. I had that feature on my Escalade and was very convenient.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Since I have a double bay garage, I’m more worried about the width when entering/existing my garage. Does anyone know if the Hummer EV will have automatic folding side mirrors? For over a $100k vehicle I would hope so. If not, it’s going to be a big hassle every time I park in the garage. I had that feature on my Escalade and was very convenient.
Great question, I have not heard one way or the other on that, but assume it will have them. I wish we could see the production model soon as I have several spec questions that will not be answered until the production model rolls in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Using my 2019 Raptor Supercrew as a comparison the Hummer is the same width, both with mirrors retracted, the hummer is 15.1” shorter and a 10.4” shorter wheelbase. Should be easier to get around in especially if they opt for 4 wheel steering.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts