GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Here are a couple of observations.

When some of us got the email alerting us that we could verify/place our orders on Nov 23, the "verified" email said we would be notified as our reservations moved through production to delivery. I have not received, or seen any posts anywhere where a reservation holder has received any update on production even though 17 were supposedly completed when Vin 001 came off the line Dec 17th. Maybe these were for VIP's.
On Dec 18...several of us also got our level 2 home chargers delivered...making us think our first Edition was imminent...but no news from my dealer & no production tracking email.
I have also been watching Autotrader to see if any GMC Hummer EV First Editions have shown up there, as when a Dealer is invoiced for a vehicle, it is automatically listed on a few websites in the dealers inventory. I don't think any have been invoiced to the dealers at this point, which usually happens prior to shipment.
GMC has been very slow to share information, or careful to move forward even when they have set an expectation, which is probably a good thing since this is a "First Edition" of a revived brand on a new Electric platform, and the eyes of the world are upon them. It's hard to wait, but I definately do not want any issues with software glitches or failed over the air updates that have been way too common on almost every brand on the market at the moment.
I am looking forward to delivery, but I am resigned to it being when it occurs, there is no influence to be extended by anyone to make it happen any sooner. I feel lucky not cursed!!
Mine is for me, not someone who has more money than patience, who did not hit refresh like 100 times on October 20, 2020. I am looking forward to enjoying my ownership experience!!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Hello all!

Still no word on my delivery. I am patiently waiting through the holidays. I hope my Dealer is closing as many sales as they can for the train wreck called 2021...no need to be a speed bump for him & his team with my requests.

Just a note on my Charger letter...it say mine is "right around the corner'---a slow wide neverending corner at that :).

I hope to get to show-n-tell here on HummerChat, when The General drops of my Edition 1.

Jeff

Font Paper Paper product Document Motor vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.