GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

GMC Hummer EV Deliveries

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  INgolfer 
#1 ·
I've noticed that after the GM announcement that Hummer deliveries have started, there hasn't been anything online about owners getting their vehicles.

You'd think that some new owners would be posting by now.

#2 ·
Deliveries have started means they are rolling off the production line, going through inspections, and are shipping to dealerships. this takes time. You will likely hear about the first few Celeb deliveries some time this week, then the vast majority early next year.

Reactions: Bboozer1
#3 ·
By recent comments, I had expected for the new owners to be behind the wheels by now.

December 10, 2021
Barra said the company now uses the same approach for its own electric vehicles, software, and partially automated driver-assist systems. The company, she said, is "days away from getting the Hummer into the first customer’s hands."

#4 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of observations.

When some of us got the email alerting us that we could verify/place our orders on Nov 23, the "verified" email said we would be notified as our reservations moved through production to delivery. I have not received, or seen any posts anywhere where a reservation holder has received any update on production even though 17 were supposedly completed when Vin 001 came off the line Dec 17th. Maybe these were for VIP's.
On Dec 18...several of us also got our level 2 home chargers delivered...making us think our first Edition was imminent...but no news from my dealer & no production tracking email.
I have also been watching Autotrader to see if any GMC Hummer EV First Editions have shown up there, as when a Dealer is invoiced for a vehicle, it is automatically listed on a few websites in the dealers inventory. I don't think any have been invoiced to the dealers at this point, which usually happens prior to shipment.
GMC has been very slow to share information, or careful to move forward even when they have set an expectation, which is probably a good thing since this is a "First Edition" of a revived brand on a new Electric platform, and the eyes of the world are upon them. It's hard to wait, but I definately do not want any issues with software glitches or failed over the air updates that have been way too common on almost every brand on the market at the moment.
I am looking forward to delivery, but I am resigned to it being when it occurs, there is no influence to be extended by anyone to make it happen any sooner. I feel lucky not cursed!!
Mine is for me, not someone who has more money than patience, who did not hit refresh like 100 times on October 20, 2020. I am looking forward to enjoying my ownership experience!!

Jeff

#6 ·
Here are a couple of observations.

When some of us got the email alerting us that we could verify/place our orders on Nov 23, the "verified" email said we would be notified as our reservations moved through production to delivery. I have not received, or seen any posts anywhere where a reservation holder has received any update on production even though 17 were supposedly completed when Vin 001 came off the line Dec 17th. Maybe these were for VIP's.
On Dec 18...several of us also got our level 2 home chargers delivered...making us think our first Edition was immanent...but no news from my dealer & no production tracking email.
I have also been watching Autotrader to see if any GMC Hummer EV First Editions have shown up there, as when a Dealer is invoiced for a vehicle, it is automatically listed on a few websites in the dealers inventory. I don't think any have been invoiced to the dealers at this point, which usually happens prior to shipment.
GMC has been very slow to share information, or careful to move forward even when they have set an expectation, which is probably a good thing since this is a "First Edition" of a revived brand on a new Electric platform, and the eyes of the world are upon them. It's hard to wait, but I definately do not want any issues with software glitches or failed over the air updates that have been way too common on almost every brand on the market at the moment.
I am looking forward to delivery, but I am resigned to it being when it occurs, there is no influence to be extended by anyone to make it happen any sooner. I feel lucky not cursed!!
Mine is for me, not someone who has more money than patience, who did not hit refresh like 100 times on October 20, 2020. I am looking forward to enjoying my ownership experience!!

Jeff
Jeff ~ I feel your frustration, but I do feel GMC needs to do a better job keeping their dedicated customers up to date on progress! With no information coming out from GMC, no customers deliveries to this point (that we know of) you cant help but wonder if there are some issues. Whats troublesome, is that the reservation holders and it appears the dealers as well, are being left in the dark. Thinking positively ~ Jeff you will have yours soon and before others so hang in there. I cant wait for your feedback, pictures and posts. Dont forget about us!!! :)

#8 ·
Hello all!

Still no word on my delivery. I am patiently waiting through the holidays. I hope my Dealer is closing as many sales as they can for the train wreck called 2021...no need to be a speed bump for him & his team with my requests.

Just a note on my Charger letter...it say mine is "right around the corner'---a slow wide neverending corner at that :).

I hope to get to show-n-tell here on HummerChat, when The General drops of my Edition 1.

Jeff

Font Paper Paper product Document Motor vehicle

#9 ·
12/30/21 RI Update. Ironically, I met the first Hummer EV1 reservation holder tonight. He is a VIP and the #1 holder at my dealership. I am #2. He is expecting the delivery in the next few weeks and I will be there to pick it up with him. I will def post pics and keep everyone up to date when this happens. Happy New Years! and best to all the Hummer Reservation Holders for the anticipation of our deliveries in 2022!

#11 ·
Well first … happy new year. Secondly looks like Mary and GM missed the mark on delivering any units in 2021. Figured Lebron James would have some pics with his by now at least. Hope it’s supply/ramp up issues and not quality control. Doubt we’ll get any sort of explanation on why they missed the mark on this until Q1 earnings but by that time it will be a mute point cause these HEVs are gonna be hot at that point

#16 ·
Thing that gets me is GM is still touting the Hummer EV reservations as if you can just order one and have it delivered soon. I don’t think GM is doing enough to temper folks expectations on actual delivery times and they are blindly motivating people to get on the reservation train with no real target dates for the consumer. I know folks are getting estimates for their first editions but we don’t even know how long they will take to pump all those out first at 10 per month or whatever

#18 ·
I agree. Like if someone reserves a 3X right now could they even expect to have it before they start the 2X in spring 2023?
i changed my reservation to a 3X in April and I’m wondering if I’ll even see it before 2023 even though it says fall 2022 for when production starts. They are already late getting initial deliveries out, so any hiccup at all could push even the early 3X reservation holders in to 2023.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.