GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Should the Hummer EV come with a midgate?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
We are starting to see some new patent applications for the Hummer come out now. This looks like exactly like that back window wall in the Hummer. If you wanna get in the weeds…

Reading this patent, I think this is for Silverado EV, as the timing is about right to file for Silverado feature patents before it is unveiled?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Could be right. Some of my speculation was based upon the look of the bed - specifically the area behind the wheel well, but then again it could be exactly the same for the Silverado. We haven’t seen enough to know how much parts commonality will occur. As you have mentioned previously, we will see it soon!
I expect the SilveradoEV is going to have an interesting configuration, Avalanche like is a possibility, longer bed than the Hummer likely, bit I think GM has a few tricks up their sleeve, and I think they do not want the Silverado EV to directly compete with regular Silverado or with the Hummer EV. Its going to be exciting to see what they come up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.