GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

GMC Hummer EV at Barrett-Jackson

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  JimsH3 
#1 ·
TFL is at Barrett-Jackson in Arizona and got some footage of the Hummer that's going to be on the auction block.

Looks like the Hummer won't be the only VIN #1 being auctioned off for charity. The video also shows Barret-Jackson will auction Ram TRX #001, Mustang Mach 1 #001, and Bronco #001.

Which one gets sold for the most money?

#5 ·
Visited today, got these pictures. The GMC rep there told me they have 15 vehicles out testing. The one at the show is hand made and is not one of the test vehicles.
View attachment 649 View attachment 650 View attachment 651 View attachment 652 View attachment 653 View attachment 654 View attachment 649 View attachment 650 View attachment 651 View attachment 652 View attachment 653 View attachment 654
Yeah, this is the original show truck that has been all over the place, looks like they cleaned it up really well for the auction. If GM sold that one for a million they would lose money...

#11 ·
This one was still the hand built "show vehicle" that has been in many of the photos. For me, seeing it in person confirmed that it is big, as compared to a Rivian or a Bronco. The bed size is very much like my existing GMC Sierra, probably a bit wider. The interior also has a lot of room. It appears bigger than the old H2 and H3 Hummers, those had a really short pickup bed, and I do not think they had the width of this one. The H2 width states 81 inches, and the EV is 86 inches wide. That screen in the middle is also big.

#13 ·
The bed is one of those things I have been wondering about myself. I haven't seen any photos of the opening for the spare in the bottom of the bed - assuming there is one. How about a plug in the back for running tools? I don't see any way to tie down anything either.

I am aware that it is still an early show vehicle, so they probably just didn't feel like/have time to putting those in yet, and wanted to keep some surprises for later!

#14 ·
The bed is one of those things I have been wondering about myself. I haven't seen any photos of the opening for the spare in the bottom of the bed - assuming there is one. How about a plug in the back for running tools? I don't see any way to tie down anything either.

I am aware that it is still an early show vehicle, so they probably just didn't feel like/have time to putting those in yet, and wanted to keep some surprises for later!
Remember the truck being shown at Barrett Jackson is the hand built prototype (concept) and so many functionalities that will be in the production model are not shown in this model. GM leads the market in bed usability, and the production Hummer EV will be no different when it comes to tie downs, etc, as for the outlets in the bed I have no doubt Hummer EV will have at least a 120v outlet, the question is only whether it will have capability matching the F150 Hybrid, 7.2 kW in the bed which would be awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.