GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
We have yet another shrouded truck shown here:

Any good hints of the look you can glean?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have yet another shrouded truck shown here:

Any good hints of the look you can glean?
Ya, the picture on Electrek looks weird, like a regular cab, with a super tall almost semi looking hood (dropped fenders). I do not think we can take anything from that, this was just put out to keep us guessing, not a teaser.

I think we will see the Silverado EV, and whatever this GMC is this fall, maybe GM will pull off something radical? but I doubt it, I think the Hummer was as radical as we are going to get with the EV trucks from GM. I think the Silverado EV will target the best efficiency of the bunch, and the GMC will be more professional grade version of the Silverado EV. Don't ask me what professional grade is? I have owned a dozen GMC's and have no idea, I just think they typically look nicer than Chevrolets.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ya, the picture on Electrek looks weird, like a regular cab, with a super tall almost semi looking hood (dropped fenders). I do not think we can take anything from that, this was just put out to keep us guessing, not a teaser.

I think we will see the Silverado EV, and whatever this GMC is this fall, maybe GM will pull off something radical? but I doubt it, I think the Hummer was as radical as we are going to get with the EV trucks from GM. I think the Silverado EV will target the best efficiency of the bunch, and the GMC will be more professional grade version of the Silverado EV. Don't ask me what professional grade is? I have owned a dozen GMC's and have no idea, I just think they typically look nicer than Chevrolets.
Yea, the rendering could be way off from what is planned. GMC was pretty accurate though with the early Hummer renderings sent out with them shadowed in darkness. I do now the dimensions were pretty close on the Hummer drawings just because I scaled them using the tires as a basis as ended being off by only a few inches for both - so I know GMC can.help show us if they want. 🤪

guess we will see if GM what they are planning! But,you are right - I doubt it will be too much different from the Silverado.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
There was no way the Sierra was going to be left out of the fun with the F-150, Silverado, and Ram all going EV already. I've always been a fan with how GMC has designed the Sierra.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was no way the Sierra was going to be left out of the fun with the F-150, Silverado, and Ram all going EV already. I've always been a fan with how GMC has designed the Sierra.
Completely agree, but what I wonder, GM clearly did not want to discuss the name of this vehicle, I am forced to wonder if we will see new naming, perhaps Denali EV? Also my curiosity is running wild about the configuration, will it be crew cab / short bed the same as the Hummer and Silverado EV? Will GM build multiple configurations of the Silverado EV or GMC EV?

Here are some possibilities in the order of likelihood...

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
A quick breakdown of the news from GMC. I imagine there's going to be a lot of similarities with the Silverado EV when it comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts