GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's right, HUMMER EV Edition 1 VIN 001 will be auctioned off, thanks to a partnership between General Motors and Barrett-Jackson. 100% of the hammer price will go to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. GM is also auctioning off a C8 Corvette!
GM-To-Auction-Off-1st-HUMMER-EV-Barret-Jackson.png

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
Great vehicles, and great causes! I saw this on the Hummer EV Group FB page yesterday...my two favorite modern GM sledgehammers both hitting the auction block at the same time. Tunnel to Towers in particular is a terrific organization.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
That Hummer is going to bring a ridiculous amount of money for Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.

The 2020 C8 VIN 001 sold for $3 million at Barrett-Jackson last year.

They also sold a 2021 Lexus LC 500 Convertible Inspiration Series VIN 100001for $2 million.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Maybe $2-3 million? slightly less than the price he paid for the 2020 C8 Stingray #1?

Ya, I think it depends on how many bidders there are, I could see the Hummer go for $1M or up to $5M if there is a bidding war. Rick Hendrick can write off the cost as a charitable contribution through his businesses, so no biggie to him.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Ya, I think it depends on how many bidders there are, I could see the Hummer go for $1M or up to $5M if there is a bidding war. Rick Hendrick can write off the cost as a charitable contribution through his businesses, so no biggie to him.
Since it is a Hummer it could definitely start a bidding war. Overall I'm interested to see what the barrett-jackson prices are going to be like this year with the pandemic.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Since it is a Hummer it could definitely start a bidding war. Overall I'm interested to see what the barrett-jackson prices are going to be like this year with the pandemic.
There is a ton discretionary money floating around the economy now. Wealthy people for the most part had a great 2020 financially which bodes well for BJ. It will be interesting to see how far the price gets bid up on this HummerEV. I would be surprised if it is under $1M or over $5M but you never know...

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
The Hummer isn't the only Vin #001 being auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson.

Ram is auctioning off TRX Launch Edition #001
Ford is auctioning off Mustang Mach 1 #001 and Bronco #001

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts