GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in the latest earnings call transcript, a few highlights,

*Completion of Spring Hill Ultium plant moved from Late 2023, to Mid 2023, that is at least a 3 months pull ahead

*GM plans to make 50K Bolts this year... WOW, that is a lot, and would represent Bolt's highest production year.

* Semiconductor supply is improving, GM expects the back half of 2022 to have significant improvement

*GM expects sales to be 25-30% higher for 2022 over 2021, that will take a big jump in the second half

*GM says they have battery supply locked up for North American EV production through 1 million EV's per year by 2025

*GM says they are focused on the situation of dealer gouging, and are taking steps including reduced allocations to those dealers

*GM reiterated 400K EV's sold in North America by the end of next year, I am starting to see GM's plans now, Bolt and EUV) will make up 120K of those, GM expects significant Lyriq Volume (Cadillac's best selling vehicle in 2023) Hummer is scaling up production, and significant ramp of SilveradoE Sierra EV, Blazer SS, and Equinox EV in 2023.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s great to see they think they will sell the Bolt in greater numbers. Unfortunately I am not so optimistic given their battery fiasco. We will see.
With Gas prices as they are, all EV's are selling like crazy, not to mention, I expect a big government fleet buy coming soon. The Bolt is really a good car for fleets, the federal government may buy 10's of thousands then offer them to states, counties and cities as a bulk buy, that is what often happens with cars, trucks and equipment, larger governments make huge bulk deals, then offer those deals to smaller agencies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts