GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
They’re trying to get a bit of everything out the door to save a little face with their EV truck rollout. Volume trims will get backburnered whenever it’s time for a new trim or first edition to launch. The Silverado EV WT will go out to a coupe fleets just to say it officially “launched”. A steady stream of paper launches.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like Silverado EV is getting production priority at Factory Zero, spring 23.
I think the hummer has some engineering challenges they are working through, not just the battery. Mine is in for service the last 2.5 weeks, I have quite a story to tell, GM taking very good care of me, but not without some noise in high places.

· Registered
370 Posts
I think the hummer has some engineering challenges they are working through, not just the battery. Mine is in for service the last 2.5 weeks, I have quite a story to tell, GM taking very good care of me, but not without some noise in high places.
Part of me still feels like they put the brakes on delivery frequency, even before the stop-sale, when early Hummer EV owners/beta testers started coming back with issues that needed rolling updates at the factory to address. It's another possibility as to why they're only selling one for every 4 they build. Slow roll deliveries hoping those with their trucks already catch issues they can address on the fly, reducing problems in the field.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Part of me still feels like they put the brakes on delivery frequency, even before the stop-sale, when early Hummer EV owners/beta testers started coming back with issues that needed rolling updates at the factory to address. It's another possibility as to why they're only selling one for every 4 they build. Slow roll deliveries hoping those with their trucks already catch issues they can address on the fly, reducing problems in the field.
ding ding ding... They are trying to make improvements on the fly, catch quality problems, and make customers happy that have purchased. I will tell my service story soon, GM has bent over backwards for me, and even sent an engineer from MI to inspect my truck, and he discovered a couple problems I had not. I am impressed with how GM treated my situation, there has been someone with a Flint, MI phone number communicating with me 3 times a day, holidays included.. It's better service then I have ever received from a large company... Dealer told me the "GM big wigs" are involved with my service.

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
900 Posts
I understand your frustration, my Mach E spent 3 weeks at the dealer early last year getting recalls done, and has been back in for the last month, but not all Ford's fault. A rabbit or some other rodent got into some wiring and they have to drop the battery to fix it. My insurance company took forever just to get the estimate, due to being understaffed.

· Registered
900 Posts
ding ding ding... They are trying to make improvements on the fly, catch quality problems, and make customers happy that have purchased. I will tell my service story soon, GM has bent over backwards for me, and even sent an engineer from MI to inspect my truck, and he discovered a couple problems I had not. I am impressed with how GM treated my situation, there has been someone with a Flint, MI phone number communicating with me 3 times a day, holidays included.. It's better service then I have ever received from a large company... Dealer told me the "GM big wigs" are involved with my service.
For one of my Mach E issues, Ford sent a field engineer to the dealer to help fix it. All these manufacturers have growing pains. I am relatively happy that my delivery date is not coming until fall.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand your frustration, my Mach E spent 3 weeks at the dealer early last year getting recalls done, and has been back in for the last month, but not all Ford's fault. A rabbit or some other rodent got into some wiring and they have to drop the battery to fix it. My insurance company took forever just to get the estimate, due to being understaffed.
I had a rodent in my Tesla when I first got it, heard it squealing then on the freeway I heard it bounce on the road and saw it in my rearview mirror, did not chew the wiring, for if it did, maybe the high voltage and hence the squealing... haha! but car kept running I think it was a vole, they have a unique squeal.

· Registered
900 Posts
I had a rodent in my Tesla when I first got it, heard it squealing then on the freeway I heard it bounce on the road and saw it in my rearview mirror, did not chew the wiring, for if it did, maybe the high voltage and hence the squealing... haha! but car kept running I think it was a vole, they have a unique squeal.
My Bolt had the brake reservoir wiring chewed by a rabbit. I saw the warning light when I started the car, opened the hood to investigate and the rabbit jumped out. At least that did not disable the car. The Mach E has had several computers unable to turn on and the back wheels are locked, no way to even get it into tow mode, they had to get it out of my driveway with a wheel lift.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
Same line my dealer fed me but they couldn't fit me in because they had someone else's truck already.

· Registered
10 Posts
Mine has been in the shop since I got it in September. Now it needs a full battery replacement. I have had nothing but problems. Where are these high places you speak of? Me or my dealer has not been able to get any assistance or priority from GM. Maybe time for a article company to write up an interview with me on how botched this release and product is.

· Registered
172 Posts
I really love the hummer, a lot. It’s my favorite of the electric trucks by a mile.. but man it’s seeming like it makes more and more sense to put in a pre-order for a Rivian right now.

I’m wondering if GMC is even going to honor the pricing of the EV3X in another two years when it’s time for me to actually order and take possession.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really love the hummer, a lot. It’s my favorite of the electric trucks by a mile.. but man it’s seeming like it makes more and more sense to put in a pre-order for a Rivian right now.

I’m wondering if GMC is even going to honor the pricing of the EV3X in another two years when it’s time for me to actually order and take possession.
Rivian is great, but expensive. Does qualify for 7500 though...

GM will honor prices for existing reservation holders.

· Registered
172 Posts
Rivian is great, but expensive. Does qualify for 7500 though...

GM will honor prices for existing reservation holders.
I definitely feel like a sucker for not getting in on the pre-orders before prices went up. A $76k Rivian is now a $96k Rivian.

I haven’t seen much from GM regarding honoring existing prices - I might have just missed it, but that’s great to hear!

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I definitely feel like a sucker for not getting in on the pre-orders before prices went up. A $76k Rivian is now a $96k Rivian.

I haven’t seen much from GM regarding honoring existing prices - I might have just missed it, but that’s great to hear!
GM never raises prices on people who placed reservations, we saw how that went over for Rivian, thats what started their stock crashing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts