GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gesture Automotive design Font Symbol Emblem

GM President Mark Reuss recently announced that there will be two electric Escalades coming out in 2024.

The first model is the Escalade IQ and the extended wheelbase model will be called the Escalade IQL.

For some time now, GM has been hinting a future fully electric, full-size Cadillac SUV. Now, during the recent GM Investor Day presentation, GM President Mark Reuss confirmed that such a vehicle is on the way, which should be called the Cadillac Escalade IQ, while its extended-wheelbase variant should be the Escalade IQL. These large, all-electric SUVs are expected to debut sometime during the 2024 calendar year.

“You can imagine what this competes with and where it competes. Again, this will be a pinnacle of design and execution,” said Reuss. “Some of the things we learned on Celestiq will find their way into these vehicles, which I think is going to wow the world once again. Even after the Escalade that we sell today, even in V form, so there’s some great things happening here.”

Speaking of the extended-length variant, “the wheelbase differences we have today and the size base differences we have today on our full-size SUVs, we’re going to do it again in a much more innovative way, though. You’re going to see things here, design, size, platform sharing-wise, but also technology-wise, that will be very different from what we execute today. We’re pretty much finished with the design, and going for production,” Reuss added.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
The pre-order for the Escalade EV is also going to be BANANAS. Like sub-5 minute sellout for the Ed1.
I imagine GM is going to do early reservations for Escalade ICE buyers like they did for the Denali EV. Luckily for me, I don't have interest in a full size full length SUV, so good luck to those that do.

· Registered
1,225 Posts
The real question is when will they bring back the EXT Truck discontinued in 2013?
Forecasters aren't expecting it. Info I'm seeing for unannounced/unproduced NA EV models follows this:
Hummer SUV (1/2/23)
Brightdrop 600/Zevo 1000
Silverado EV
Cruise Origin
Blazer EV
Brightdrop Zevo 400
Equinox EV
Cadillac Celestiq

Sierra EV (1/2/2024)
Honda Prologue
Escalade IQ
Acura ZDX
Cadillac C-SUV EV

Cadillac Symboliq (1/6/2025)
Escalade IQL

Tahoe EV (2/26/2026)
Suburban EV
GMC Yukon EV
Corvette EV
Colorado EV
Canyon EV
Yukon XL EV
Cadillac E-Sedan EV

Chevrolet Express (1/4/2027)
GMC Savana
Cadillac D-Sedan EV
Buick D-SUV EV

Cadillac D-SUV EV (1/5/2028)

· Registered
149 Posts
Forecasters aren't expecting it. Info I'm seeing for unannounced/unproduced NA EV models follows this:
Hummer SUV (1/2/23)
Brightdrop 600/Zevo 1000
Silverado EV
Cruise Origin
Blazer EV
Brightdrop Zevo 400
Equinox EV
Cadillac Celestiq

Sierra EV (1/2/2024)
Honda Prologue
Escalade IQ
Acura ZDX
Cadillac C-SUV EV

Cadillac Symboliq (1/6/2025)
Escalade IQL

Tahoe EV (2/26/2026)
Suburban EV
GMC Yukon EV
Corvette EV
Colorado EV
Canyon EV
Yukon XL EV
Cadillac E-Sedan EV

Chevrolet Express (1/4/2027)
GMC Savana
Cadillac D-Sedan EV
Buick D-SUV EV

Cadillac D-SUV EV (1/5/2028)
Not one North American Buick EV before 2027? Bob Boniface seemed to imply we'd soon be seeing several Buick EV versions, which I assumed would include both China and NA.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,695 Posts
Not one North American Buick EV before 2027? Bob Boniface seemed to imply we'd soon be seeing several Buick EV versions, which I assumed would include both China and NA.
Forecasters aren't perfect either.

Reactions: Dark-Fx

· Registered
1,225 Posts
Not North American built, at least. Nothing stopping GM from building them in China and importing here besides the lack of tax credit. If they had already planned on doing it before the IRA went into place, I don't see them changing their plans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts