GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am becoming more and more impressed with the HummerEV the more I drive it.

GM got so much right on this vehicle.

*Regen Braking, although I started out thinking it was too jerky, I now think it's amazing

*I like that I still get 70-80 kW of regen even when charged to 100%

*Charging, the Hummer adds kWh faster then any EV I have seen, including Lucid

*Interior and driving position are comfortable, sight lines good for this type of vehicle

*SuperCruise is the best ADAS system there is for the highway, but wish it was less aggressive changing lanes

*4 wheel steering is a game changer for pickup trucks

*Design, GM designers knocked it out of the park on this design, and while not for everybody, its really good, draws a crowd everywhere I go. Went to a show over the weekend, and felt bad for the guy with the new Rivian, as I stole his crowd. He got bored and came over to look at the HummerEV himself, and was pretty impressed. Several people at the show asked to see the engine, so of course I set a can of V8 in the frunk for fun.

* First OTA software updates this morning took 15 minutes, smooth and no drama, wish there were release notes with the software updates.

I still have not even tried CrabWalk or WTF (as both are more party tricks than something used daily), and so impressed without them. I now think Ford is in deep sh-- when Silverado and Sierra EV's come to market next year.

Registered
馃槀 at the V8 that鈥檚 a great idea. Interested to hear what bugs were fixed with the software update.
I can鈥檛 wait to get my own Hummer. I met a guy this past weekend in Chicago who was picking his up and he brought it to show me right after he got it. After being able to climb around in it and see the inside I am more pumped than ever. SUPER impressed with how nice the interior felt and he already had the front panels off I can鈥檛 wait to drive around in mine on a nice day. Hope the wait is short and they don鈥檛 run in to any production snags

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updating now. As Tom said, there were no notes associated with the update. I tried crab walk the first time today at the request of people I was taking for a ride. I haven鈥檛 tried WTF mode yet either. I am sure I will, once or twice, but normal mode is plenty fast for me. A lot more noticeable power than my Raptor.
OH ya, its plenty quick just on normal mode, 0-60 in about 3 seconds is something cool to have up your sleeve, but I don't need it daily.

Registered
I got curious and reached out to concierge.

They stated this:
I went down and just did the update.. there is a sentence that says it provided enhancements to the OTA update process for future updates when you select it under Previous Updates list. But getting the app alert on my phone that "Your Vehicle Software Update has successfully been installed!" made me chuckle and smile.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went down and just did the update.. there is a sentence that says it provided enhancements to the OTA update process for future updates when you select it under Previous Updates list. But getting the app alert on my phone that "Your Vehicle Software Update has successfully been installed!" made me chuckle and smile.
This is smoother with the first round of updates than many traditional OEM's have, I hear of lots of Mach E get failed updates and have to go to the dealer.

Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
This is smoother with the first round of updates than many traditional OEM's have, I hear of lots of Mach E get failed updates and have to go to the dealer.
GM has had experience doing OTA updates with Infotainment 3.

I still get a chuckle out of this update on my Volt from a few years ago.

Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
Went to a show over the weekend, and felt bad for the guy with the new Rivian, as I stole his crowd. He got bored and came over to look at the HummerEV himself, and was pretty impressed.
Last week I stopped by the Rivian service center in Phoenix, they had one customer leaving in one, one employee R1T sitting parked on the street, and 7 in the parking lot. They just look so plain as compared to the Hummer.

I got a picture of the gray one on 37s. Yates had 3 Hummers in their lot today, one was on the charger and likely getting ready for customer delivery. Kind of frustrating that two employees there have Hummers, and I am still dreaming of getting mine.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Sky Tire

Registered
Last week I stopped by the Rivian service center in Phoenix, they had one customer leaving in one, one employee R1T sitting parked on the street, and 7 in the parking lot. They just look so plain as compared to the Hummer.

I got a picture of the gray one on 37s. Yates had 3 Hummers in their lot today, one was on the charger and likely getting ready for customer delivery. Kind of frustrating that two employees there have Hummers, and I am still dreaming of getting mine.
View attachment 2507
Nice, yeah, odd that those two employees must have fairly gotten all their order information in on the website independently before you did.

Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
Updating now. As Tom said, there were no notes associated with the update. I tried crab walk the first time today at the request of people I was taking for a ride. I haven鈥檛 tried WTF mode yet either. I am sure I will, once or twice, but normal mode is plenty fast for me. A lot more noticeable power than my Raptor.
The fun part of crab mode is just leaving it in crab mode,driving around town on 25 mph streets, and trying to not hit other cars.

If you set the "my mode" to have adrenaline acceleration, it's fairly close to being in WTF mode when you aren't already at a stop.

Registered
Nice, yeah, odd that those two employees must have fairly gotten all their order information in on the website independently before you did.
Yeah, that web site kept crashing on me, then the ED1s were full. I am sure the dealer had some inside track. And the dealer is also getting a demo unit, that the owner told me they had ordered before the web site opened. He had sold me my existing Sierra many years ago and I spoke with him about the Hummer the day before reservations were open.

Registered
Would love to have seen a few more pictures of this from all angles. Im trying to decide on grey or black. I have a build time of august on mine
I did get one from the front. When I first spotted this one at an intersection, my daughter was with me and said dad, isn't that a Hummer? The gray color really threw me off guard. Then it turned out it was one of the sales guys at the dealership that I had talked to the week before.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 40 Posts