GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
GM Factory Zero has been down for a month, but its set to reopen on Mon July 25th. Does anyone know if the GM + LG Chem battery giga-factory will be online too?

Summer should be interesting......
I believe the target opening date for the battery plant was august
I believe limited production at the Ultium Plant has already begun, whether it is production quality yet, I do not know, but the employee parking lot has been nearly full every day the last month and a half, and construction contractors park in a separate lot off site.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Meanwhile.. I'm still here waiting on my spring 2022 delivery
That sucks, wouldn’t surprise me if your dealer just calls some day and says it just showed up. Several people on Facebook have gotten the call and never got a shipped email or anything.

Has your dealer done all they needed to do for dealer requirements? I don’t think GM senda a dealer anything til their get their service dept all prepped for EVs and also get their chargers installed at the dealership.

Is also a dealer you trust? Sure they haven’t received it and trying to sell it out from underneath you?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Mine was built april 7th. Crickets since…
That’s a little longer than others have been waiting. I’d double check with your dealer and make sure they aren’t trying to sell it to anyone else. Hopefully not the case but wouldn’t be shocked based on the sleezyness of some other dealers out there right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That sucks, wouldn’t surprise me if your dealer just calls some day and says it just showed up. Several people on Facebook have gotten the call and never got a shipped email or anything.

Has your dealer done all they needed to do for dealer requirements? I don’t think GM senda a dealer anything til their get their service dept all prepped for EVs and also get their chargers installed at the dealership.

Is also a dealer you trust? Sure they haven’t received it and trying to sell it out from underneath you?
I talked to them today. They've received 4 total at my location, the other has received 2. They are an OG Hummer dealer and one of the largest EV's in the area. He says he expects mine in the next 2 weeks.

I’m in the same boat. Mine was built april 7th. Crickets since…
I don't have a built email.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to them today. They've received 4 total at my location, the other has received 2. They are an OG Hummer dealer and one of the largest EV's in the area. He says he expects mine in the next 2 weeks.

Really, so you only have the verification email?

·
Registered
7 Posts

No built email is rough.. how does your dealer expect yours in the next two weeks? What info is he basing that estimation off of? My dealer isn’t providing much info. But GM concierge and someone I know that works at the dealer has confirmed they haven’t got it in and sold it out from under me. Apparently the concierge says it is under going “quality checks” at the factory still.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really, so you only have the verification email?
Yeah... and I got those twice LOL.

No built email is rough.. how does your dealer expect yours in the next two weeks? What info is he basing that estimation off of? My dealer isn’t providing much info. But GM concierge and someone I know that works at the dealer has confirmed they haven’t got it in and sold it out from under me. Apparently the concierge says it is under going “quality checks” at the factory still.
My dealer talked to his GM rep today and if things go right its supposed to be the next one on the truck for Memphis, according to RES ID's. We'll see if that pans out

concierge, while nice, has been completely useless

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well...big news for me and my wait just got shorter (by a little). I originally had a 3X on order (still do) and then my dealer said they were going to get an ED1 SUV as part of their dealer agreement so they put my name on it. I told them I'd take whichever one came in first, but if I take their SUV it has to sit for 6 months as a showroom model. All along I have preferred the truck but would take the SUV just to shorten my wait.

Well...low and behold I get a text from my guy this morning with the build worksheet, and their GM rep just told them they are getting an ED1 truck now instead of the SUV and it is scheduled for production the week of 8/24! Hoping it arrives at the dealer in September so then I could officially take delivery in March. It will be a drag to wait knowing it is sitting there waiting on me for those 6 long months, but I'll at least get to go drool all over it and its still sooner than I probably would have gotten the 3X or SUV.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Well...big news for me and my wait just got shorter (by a little). I originally had a 3X on order (still do) and then my dealer said they were going to get an ED1 SUV as part of their dealer agreement so they put my name on it. I told them I'd take whichever one came in first, but if I take their SUV it has to sit for 6 months as a showroom model. All along I have preferred the truck but would take the SUV just to shorten my wait.

Well...low and behold I get a text from my guy this morning with the build worksheet, and their GM rep just told them they are getting an ED1 truck now instead of the SUV and it is scheduled for production the week of 8/24! Hoping it arrives at the dealer in September so then I could officially take delivery in March. It will be a drag to wait knowing it is sitting there waiting on me for those 6 long months, but I'll at least get to go drool all over it and its still sooner than I probably would have gotten the 3X or SUV.
Also it will be a 2023 Model year Edition one with lots of the early 2022 bugs worked out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
But as a showroom model, will people be all over it?? That might be a drag🤔
Well it gets me an edition 1 that I otherwise would not have gotten, and I get it at MSRP. Not sure how it’s any different than my previous Hummers that I bought (or any luxury car at any dealer showroom) that were out on dealer lots exposed to all other weather elements plus dozens of customers sitting in them or test driving them. At least this one I know won’t be outside and won’t be driven.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well it gets me an edition 1 that I otherwise would not have gotten, and I get it at MSRP. Not sure how it’s any different than my previous Hummers that I bought (or any luxury car at any dealer showroom) that were out on dealer lots exposed to all other weather elements plus dozens of customers sitting in them or test driving them. At least this one I know won’t be outside and won’t be driven.
I hear that! I ordered all my previous hummers and was the first one see and drive them, Same with other Luxury cars I have purchased.
However, I did buy a Hellcat Charger in 2018 off the lot that was there for 10 months, it was a 2016 model, with 10 miles on it. 2 years later when we were doing some High performance upgrades we noticed it was in a front end collision must have happened when someone or a salesman was test driving it!!!!! SUKS! Dealer would not do anything! I sold It 2 months later!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts