GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Same...a flying car? Yes please! Very proud of GM today, this reminds me of the GM of the 1950's, all these elaborate concepts and ideas.
I think GM is on a roll, with the announcements today we will see 3 classes of EV's this year (New Bolt & Bolt EUV, EV600, and the Hummer EV), and more announcements coming tomorrow. I think tomorrow we are going to get to see some upcoming product...

It was interesting to see more of the Celestiq today, definitely has some new tech we have not seen before which will be great...

I want to see the Chevy pickup, and Chevrolet mid sized crossover, those will tell me about GM's volume ambitions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Alright, here's what I've made out thusfar. Hang with me here.

Best screengrab I could get...click on it and zoom to get the best clarity! Also, feel free to click on it and download it if your zoom function doesn't work straight from the website.

View attachment 525

Let's start out from left to right.

At the far left is what appears to be a Chevrolet electric crossover. Since we know they're coming out with the new Bolt EV, the larger Bolt EUV and a mid-size crossover, I'd bet that this is the midsize. It could be a Buick, though that front end looks far more like a Chevrolet...see a current Blazer for reference. The headlights, however, look more Buick. I think this was the same vehicle previewed a few weeks back with the Hummer SUV, whatever the brand.

Next over is the Cadillac Lyriq. We've already seen this one, so not much to say about it.

Arguably the most intriguing vehicle of them all here is the third from the right, an SUV that...correct me if I'm wrong here...appears to have the front fascia of the C8 Corvette. This is stunning to me, and will get a ton of buzz the next few days. The long-rumored Corvette SUV may finally be arriving, and in electric form? Strong opinions will be posted all over the internet soon enough.

Next, we have our beloved Hummer EV in the middle. It's most likely the truck version, but it's hard to tell from the front. For reference, the SUV will be unveiled February 2nd during the Super Bowl, a day after the Blackwing Cadillac siblings.

Next to the Hummer and third from the right is the electric Chevrolet truck we also saw during the Hummer SUV leak, except this time it's in red. I think it looks really good. We know it will ride on the BT! platform that also underpins the Hummer. No news yet on whether it will be called a Silverado.

Then we come to second from the right, the vehicle that I think will have the greatest overall impact on it's brand: the Cadillac Celestiq. Essentially a full-size, massive liftback super-luxury sedan, it promises a price tag of nearly (or over) $200,000. It looks like the 2016 Cadillac Escala concept with a Lyriq face, which I appreciate, since the Escala was the most beautiful vehicle (imho) to sport the Cadillac crest in the last 40 years. Big, wide and entirely focused on luxury over sport, I think it begins a renaissance for Cadillac.

Lastly, on the far right is what appears to be a Buick crossover. It looks similar to a concept @Oakwood dropped here a day or two ago, so I expect it to be a Buick. It also appears to be mid-sized.

Let me know if anyone thinks I may be off on something here.
Another photo of the lineup I just saw on Twitter.

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think GM is on a roll, with the announcements today we will see 3 classes of EV's this year (New Bolt & Bolt EUV, EV600, and the Hummer EV), and more announcements coming tomorrow. I think tomorrow we are going to get to see some upcoming product...

It was interesting to see more of the Celestiq today, definitely has some new tech we have not seen before which will be great...

I want to see the Chevy pickup, and Chevrolet mid sized crossover, those will tell me about GM's volume ambitions.
I feel the same way, Tom. I hope we get to see a bit more tomorrow. Do you know what's on tap?

As far as the Celestiq goes, other than the Hummer, that vehicle is far and away the one I am most intrigued to see. Cadillac is a struggling brand...and this is their new halo car. It sets the tone for the entire future of the company. Will it be a complete flop, or will it be a name that goes down in auto history as the beginning of a new Cadillac renaissance?

I also want to see the Chevy's. Everything we've seen so far for GM Ultium offerings are upmarket cars...we need to see some Chevrolet's to judge how much market share they can actually grab.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope I am wrong, but I don't think we will see much tomorrow from GM. Just based upon the schedule at GM Exhibit Zero, it looks just some more general discussions are coming up: EV Technology at the Turning Point, and The Time for EVs is Upon Us. If anything the former discussion rather than the latter may show something - if anything.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I feel the same way, Tom. I hope we get to see a bit more tomorrow. Do you know what's on tap?

As far as the Celestiq goes, other than the Hummer, that vehicle is far and away the one I am most intrigued to see. Cadillac is a struggling brand...and this is their new halo car. It sets the tone for the entire future of the company. Will it be a complete flop, or will it be a name that goes down in auto history as the beginning of a new Cadillac renaissance?

I also want to see the Chevy's. Everything we've seen so far for GM Ultium offerings are upmarket cars...we need to see some Chevrolet's to judge how much market share they can actually grab.
Of course I have no idea what is going to be shown tomorrow, but I can guess... I heard today that we will see the Bolt / EUV in a month, so that rules them out. Listening to bread crumbs of information, I think we will see the Hummer SUV, and a discussion on the new HVAC system. Hoping to hear about a hepa grade interior air filter, and possibly heated interior touch surfaces (think center armrest and door panels). Will we see the entire Celestiq? I think we are going to see a Silverado EV prototype. I hope we also see a Chevy CUV (equinox size)

Celestiq, I agree with you, GM is putting huge effort into Cadillac, and pulling out all the stops. For me the jury is still out on whether this makes sense or not, I think they are planning for Celestiq to sell around 1000 units a year, and be a real custom hand built car. I think it will be priced around a quarter million dollars, so well out of most peoples price range. Pretty cool as an engineering toy, and I think really fun for the engineers working on it. GM is really doing a great job on some of these projects, and developing cool cars, which will help them load up with talented staff. Please Please please GM, do not put the standard turn signal stalk in any of these new Cadillacs if you want to be taken seriously. These Caddys should have their own steering wheel (not just a different covering) and unique interior switchgear.

As I have looked into, and read about the truck business announced today, I think this is bigger than people realize, and GM is definitely going to make a play after commercial EV's, including the replacement US mail vehicles which is going to be huge opportunity for whoever lands the contract.

GM stock hit an all time high today, and I think they are going to announce their most profitable quarter in history in a few weeks, life is good at GM, time to step on the gas... ok, accelerator.

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed more information was not revealed. GM being a bit stingy with information.
They did this a lot before with their EV's like the Hummer and Lyriq...really, REALLY slow, drawn-out reveals. My guess is they want to hold off most info for each car's individual reveals down the line. And I don't think we're going to have to wait too long. The Bolt EV and EUV are coming in early February, and word has it the Celestiq reveal is sometime during the first half of next year, possibly early summer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They did this a lot before with their EV's like the Hummer and Lyriq...really, REALLY slow, drawn-out reveals. My guess is they want to hold off most info for each car's individual reveals down the line. And I don't think we're going to have to wait too long. The Bolt EV and EUV are coming in early February, and word has it the Celestiq reveal is sometime during the first half of next year, possibly early summer.
Ya, I understand the program, and we did get another EV production announcement in 2021 with the EV-600, so we did not come away completely empty. I am greedy though, and wanted to see some future models, or at least get some juicy technical information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to circle back around the photos from the GM EV gathering, I happened to run into this article (from back in March of last year but still has some relevant information) regarding GM's cars shown back then - https://www.automobilemag.com/news/gm-electric-car-future-details-cadillac-celestiq/ .

Many of the descriptions sound very much like what is shown above. We get some writeups of what was shown of the two Buicks - the SUV and the CUV "coupe" version. By the way, if you squint really hard the front of these kind of look like the gorgeous Buick Avista from a few years back. They also described what they called "Blazer EV" which could the one car in the photo above which is most difficult to discern. They even make this one sound like it has a Blazer like interior. Of course, we already can tell what the Hummer, Cadillac Lyriq and Celestiq are in the pic since they have been shown (mostly) in public.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts