GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big things are coming from General Motors...and now we have full access. You don't need to be at CES to get all the info.

GM is hyping this up considerably, and a number of industry insiders expect GM to give a sneak peak into a huge amount of new EV information, including a number of vehicles. The vehicles could include the "Silverado EV," some Buick and Chevrolet crossovers, GMC's...and there's even a chance the grand daddy Cadillac Celestiq super-lux sedan gets previewed.

Stock analysts haven't been this bullish on GM in years, so I fully expect quite the presentation. Barra seems beside herself.

Here's the link for all Hummer EV enthusiasts to be a part of the action next Tuesday!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Big things are coming from General Motors...and now we have full access. You don't need to be at CES to get all the info.

GM is hyping this up considerably, and a number of industry insiders expect GM to give a sneak peak into a huge amount of new EV information, including a number of vehicles. The vehicles could include the "Silverado EV," some Buick and Chevrolet crossovers, GMC's...and there's even a chance the grand daddy Cadillac Celestiq super-lux sedan gets previewed.

Stock analysts haven't been this bullish on GM in years, so I fully expect quite the presentation. Barra seems beside herself.

Here's the link for all Hummer EV enthusiasts to be a part of the action next Tuesday!

I am excited to see what they have to show

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Tom E-Tron

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Just watched GM's keynote address for CES 2021 and they shared some photos of what some of their other EVs will look like. Particularly with Buick.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just watched GM's keynote address for CES 2021 and they shared some photos of what some of their other EVs will look like. Particularly with Buick.

View attachment 516 View attachment 518 View attachment 519 View attachment 520 View attachment 521 View attachment 522 View attachment 523 View attachment 524
Please GM, Quit with the concepts and computer generated cars, and show us the real cars that are arriving at dealerships soon, and their technical details. I am tired of seeing concepts, they are a waste of money, just show us the real deal...

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So @Oakwood, question: was that Buick hatchback a Chinese model, or is that an actual production-intent future North American model? I ask because I know that Buick has a decent electric presence in China as it is, and I wonder if that was one of their models to get us excited for our future American models. Thanks for dropping it here, the big day tomorrow should be really fun!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
So @Oakwood, question: was that Buick hatchback a Chinese model, or is that an actual production-intent future North American model? I ask because I know that Buick has a decent electric presence in China as it is, and I wonder if that was one of their models to get us excited for our future American models. Thanks for dropping it here, the big day tomorrow should be really fun!
Based on the text on the license plate it seems to be a Chinese model. Which makes sense since Buick is incredibly popular in China.

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Based on the text on the license plate it seems to be a Chinese model. Which makes sense since Buick is incredibly popular in China.
Good point, I totally missed the plates.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just watched the full CES show by GM. Had some nice stuff on it - the Cadillac Celestig looks very nice from the little they would let us see! But, was a little disappointed on what they showed of the Hummer (no SUV shown in full for example) - more on the Bose sound system and the control that electric motors give when "powering" the wheels. No doubt important and impressive, but nothing really much more than what we already knew. Was hoping to learn more about some of the other things left unsaid. One thing which as nice was the new Brightdrop van - looks kind of Hummeresque at the front with the lights. I assume that is on the same platform and may be the same wheelbase with just a longer back end. May have to do some digging on that, but they will want to maximize parts sharing, where possible, between this and the Hummer to keep costs down. I am very surprised that they will be able to get out a few hundred before the end of the year for FedEx.

These types of vehicles make the most sense for electrification as they are used a lot in town with low speeds and not much range is needed. They also can easily be charged at night back at "base" so there is little need for fast charging. They probably will save more "fuel" per mile than any electric vehicle when going from gas/diesel to electric.

Lastly, they again snuck in some darkly lit sneak previews of some of their upcoming vehicles in the background. Hopefully someone can screen capture some of it and lighten it up to show it better!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just watched the full CES show by GM. Had some nice stuff on it - the Cadillac Celestig looks very nice from the little they would let us see! But, was a little disappointed on what they showed of the Hummer (no SUV shown in full for example) - more on the Bose sound system and the control that electric motors give when "powering" the wheels. No doubt important and impressive, but nothing really much more than what we already knew. Was hoping to learn more about some of the other things left unsaid. One thing which as nice was the new Brightdrop van - looks kind of Hummeresque at the front with the lights. I assume that is on the same platform and may be the same wheelbase with just a longer back end. May have to do some digging on that, but they will want to maximize parts sharing, where possible, between this and the Hummer to keep costs down. I am very surprised that they will be able to get out a few hundred before the end of the year for FedEx.

These types of vehicles make the most sense for electrification as they are used a lot in town with low speeds and not much range is needed. They also can easily be charged at night back at "base" so there is little need for fast charging. They probably will save more "fuel" per mile than any electric vehicle when going from gas/diesel to electric.

Lastly, they again snuck in some darkly lit sneak previews of some of their upcoming vehicles in the background. Hopefully someone can screen capture some of it and lighten it up to show it better!
It seems the EV 600 is on a lengthened Origin base, which is far different than the Hummer EV, Battery modules are about all they share in common. EV 600 will have the lower power, more compact drive units, and completely different suspension. If they give EV 600 300 HP 400 lb ft, that will be plenty in that delivery segment where efficiency is more important than brute power. Fed Ex delivery trucks are not race cars. 250 mile range, I would guess it has 100- 125 kWh battery. Will be interested to see how this compares to the rivian / amazon van...

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, here's what I've made out thusfar. Hang with me here.

Best screengrab I could get...click on it and zoom to get the best clarity! Also, feel free to click on it and download it if your zoom function doesn't work straight from the website.

Let's start out from left to right.

At the far left is what appears to be a Chevrolet electric crossover. Since we know they're coming out with the new Bolt EV, the larger Bolt EUV and a mid-size crossover, I'd bet that this is the midsize. It could be a Buick, though that front end looks far more like a Chevrolet...see a current Blazer for reference. The headlights, however, look more Buick. I think this was the same vehicle previewed a few weeks back with the Hummer SUV, whatever the brand.

Next over is the Cadillac Lyriq. We've already seen this one, so not much to say about it.

Arguably the most intriguing vehicle of them all here is the third from the right, an SUV that...correct me if I'm wrong here...appears to have the front fascia of the C8 Corvette. This is stunning to me, and will get a ton of buzz the next few days. The long-rumored Corvette SUV may finally be arriving, and in electric form? Strong opinions will be posted all over the internet soon enough.

Next, we have our beloved Hummer EV in the middle. It's most likely the truck version, but it's hard to tell from the front. For reference, the SUV will be unveiled February 2nd during the Super Bowl, a day after the Blackwing Cadillac siblings.

Next to the Hummer and third from the right is the electric Chevrolet truck we also saw during the Hummer SUV leak, except this time it's in red. I think it looks really good. We know it will ride on the BT! platform that also underpins the Hummer. No news yet on whether it will be called a Silverado.

Then we come to second from the right, the vehicle that I think will have the greatest overall impact on it's brand: the Cadillac Celestiq. Essentially a full-size, massive liftback super-luxury sedan, it promises a price tag of nearly (or over) $200,000. It looks like the 2016 Cadillac Escala concept with a Lyriq face, which I appreciate, since the Escala was the most beautiful vehicle (imho) to sport the Cadillac crest in the last 40 years. Big, wide and entirely focused on luxury over sport, I think it begins a renaissance for Cadillac.

Lastly, on the far right is what appears to be a Buick crossover. It looks similar to a concept @Oakwood dropped here a day or two ago, so I expect it to be a Buick. It also appears to be mid-sized.

Let me know if anyone thinks I may be off on something here.

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's the keynote in 10 minutes, for all interested!

·
Super Moderator
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
* UPDATE * GM has in fact confirmed that the "Corvette SUV" will in fact be...get this...a Buick. So will the crossover on the far left. That leaves me clueless as to what the crossover on the far right is. Also, call me a fan of the new Buick face!

Reactions: Tom E-Tron
1 - 20 of 37 Posts