GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

GM confirmed Cadillac Celestiq To Be Built At GM Global Technical Center In Michigan.

Interesting thing of note from this week GM also confirmed:

The Celestiq will first debut in concept-level “show car,” form in late July, the automaker said this week. Additional teaser images of the vehicle will also be released in the lead-up to the official debut over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

GM confirmed Cadillac Celestiq To Be Built At GM Global Technical Center In Michigan.

Interesting thing of note from this week GM also confirmed:

The Celestiq will first debut in concept-level “show car,” form in late July, the automaker said this week. Additional teaser images of the vehicle will also be released in the lead-up to the official debut over the coming weeks.
Excited to hear the specs on this one.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the actual press release from GM

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
934 Posts
You are a debbie downer lately, are you trying to take over my role here?
There are a lot of reasons to be disappointed. Because I don't want to spend that much on a car and I'll likely never get to ride in one. It's probably going to be ultra lux, but the range and performance numbers might not be #1.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
There are a lot of reasons to be disappointed. Because I don't want to spend that much on a car and I'll likely never get to ride in one. It's probably going to be ultra lux, but the range and performance numbers might not be #1.
Fair points... Considering GM is having trouble shipping cars to dealers now, I think this might not be money well spent.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Something I have been thinking about for a while, is that the new Wallace Battery lab in Warren has a pilot production line for future generations of battery cells, I wonder if GM is going to use CELESTIQ as a test bed for future technologies? We know it will be the first GM car using UltraCruise, but would GM put next gen batteries in there too? Thinking back to CT6, the last Cadillac flagship car, GM took risks on that with new structures (first use of large die castings) mostly aluminum structure, and new co-casting technologies that are used more widespread now. I think CELESTIQ will get the top technologies GM has in the tool chest, and likely preview technologies well ahead of mass production. It seems like CELESTIQ will be run more like a race shop operation with each unit being customized in some ways. This is really interesting, and a cool flagship is a great recruiting tool.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
934 Posts
Something I have been thinking about for a while, is that the new Wallace Battery lab in Warren has a pilot production line for future generations of battery cells, I wonder if GM is going to use CELESTIQ as a test bed for future technologies? We know it will be the first GM car using UltraCruise, but would GM put next gen batteries in there too? Thinking back to CT6, the last Cadillac flagship car, GM took risks on that with new structures (first use of large die castings) mostly aluminum structure, and new co-casting technologies that are used more widespread now. I think CELESTIQ will get the top technologies GM has in the tool chest, and likely preview technologies well ahead of mass production. It seems like CELESTIQ will be run more like a race shop operation with each unit being customized in some ways. This is really interesting, and a cool flagship is a great recruiting tool.

I've had that thought for a while, especially regarding the gen2 ultium cells. I'm really interested how they are going to handle the upgrades to those. There's going to be so few of the celestiqs built, it seems like they could have a botique production line just for the gen2 cells for it.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I've had that thought for a while, especially regarding the gen2 ultium cells. I'm really interested how they are going to handle the upgrades to those. There's going to be so few of the celestiqs built, it seems like they could have a botique production line just for the gen2 cells for it.
Thats what I am thinking. Likely initially only a few CELESTIQ per month built, they could put low production battery cells in it, and get some long term data from those cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts