GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

GM Battery Warranty Worst in the Industry on HummerEV

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Tom E-Tron 
#1 ·
I was shocked to see GM is only warrantying 60% remaining capacity on the Ultium Battery at 100K miles, Unless I am reading something wrong, this is very lame...

Tesla is 70%

Audi on 2019 E-Tron is 80%

Font Document Parallel Screenshot Publication

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)
Not true. Could have a couple of dead cells that wont take a charge thus limiting capacity of the battery ie dropping from 212 to 180
Dead cells will brick the vehicle and the battery will get replaced under warranty. The cells all have to be able to balance within a few millivolts, so one really bad cell will result in the module containing it having to be replaced. Failed cells and degradation are two completely different things. And GM really tightened up the battery monitor software after the Bolt recall, they do a lot more checks during charging now, looking closely at the balance of the cells.

Just for reference, I drove my 2017 Bolt to 103K miles before getting the new battery under the recall. It had lost about 10% capacity, and that is living in the Phoenix desert heat all those years.

#17 ·
Dead cells will brick the vehicle and the battery will get replaced under warranty. The cells all have to be able to balance within a few millivolts, so one really bad cell will result in the module containing it having to be replaced. Failed cells and degradation are two completely different things. And GM really tightened up the battery monitor software after the Bolt recall, they do a lot more checks during charging now, looking closely at the balance of the cells.

Just for reference, I drove my 2017 Bolt to 103K miles before getting the new battery under the recall. It had lost about 10% capacity, and that is living in the Phoenix desert heat all those years.
Why do you think GM went 60% while most of the rest of the industry is 70 +?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.