GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,232 Posts
CNBC Spilled the Beans on the GM announcement: GM is launching a new business to connect homes and businesses with EV chargers, energy storage

GM is launching a new business to connect homes and businesses with EV chargers, energy storage.

Excerpt:
GM Energy will offer products and services for what the company calls “energy management,” including hardware such as batteries and solar panels as well as hydrogen fuel cells and — importantly — cloud-based software that can link these offerings with electric vehicles and utility companies. The products, some of which will be provided by partners, can be tailored for individual homeowners as well as businesses, including companies operating fleets of electric vehicles.

This will be directly competing Tesla Powerwall and Tesla's commercial business.
I hope I don't have to wheel out the batteries when they determine I shouldn't be using them in my house

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,232 Posts
I think a hydrogen fuel cell back-up generator would be a great idea.
If it was designed to be moved from a hydrogen-battery hybrid to the house and could use external tanks, that would be the only way I'd consider owning one. A big part of the issue of using your EV as backup power source is it's obligated to stay plugged in to provide power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts