GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Camaro EV
Motor Trend reporting today on a hybrid AWD Corvette coming, might be related to announcement.
Motor Trend got a lot wrong in their reporting, there will be 2 Hybrid models, one introduced next year, one in a few years, first has the LT2 in the back and E-Axle in the front, and the other has a twin turbo LT5 in the back and E axle in the front, the top of the line Zora coming to market in 2025

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking we haven't heard anything about Buick's EV plans yet. First model is supposed to arrive in 2024. If the wildcat concept is going to be brought to market, I could see that being "powerful"
Well, at least one small piece of evidence points to this potential: Buick's head of design Bob Boniface will be on Autoline Detroit this week. Or it could just be a coincidence! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, at least one small piece of evidence points to this potential: Buick's head of design Bob Boniface will be on Autoline Detroit this week. Or it could just be a coincidence! :)
Hum! Well yes we’ve had EV Chevy’s, Caddies and GMC’s announced, I’ll take the Buick bet, the line is dead, EV’s are a perfect way to revitalize the line. That Wildcat is amazing, but GM has been making amazing unmarketed concepts for almost a century. I’ll bet a upscale Blazer, they’ll start safe. The Hummer was the moonshot, now they’re filling out the more standard fare.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,576 Posts
CNBC Spilled the Beans on the GM announcement: GM is launching a new business to connect homes and businesses with EV chargers, energy storage

GM is launching a new business to connect homes and businesses with EV chargers, energy storage.

Excerpt:
GM Energy will offer products and services for what the company calls “energy management,” including hardware such as batteries and solar panels as well as hydrogen fuel cells and — importantly — cloud-based software that can link these offerings with electric vehicles and utility companies. The products, some of which will be provided by partners, can be tailored for individual homeowners as well as businesses, including companies operating fleets of electric vehicles.

This will be directly competing Tesla Powerwall and Tesla's commercial business.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts
CNBC Spilled the Beans on the GM announcement: GM is launching a new business to connect homes and businesses with EV chargers, energy storage

GM is launching a new business to connect homes and businesses with EV chargers, energy storage.

Excerpt:
GM Energy will offer products and services for what the company calls “energy management,” including hardware such as batteries and solar panels as well as hydrogen fuel cells and — importantly — cloud-based software that can link these offerings with electric vehicles and utility companies. The products, some of which will be provided by partners, can be tailored for individual homeowners as well as businesses, including companies operating fleets of electric vehicles.

This will be directly competing Tesla Powerwall and Tesla's commercial business.
I hope I don't have to wheel out the batteries when they determine I shouldn't be using them in my house

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts
I think a hydrogen fuel cell back-up generator would be a great idea.
If it was designed to be moved from a hydrogen-battery hybrid to the house and could use external tanks, that would be the only way I'd consider owning one. A big part of the issue of using your EV as backup power source is it's obligated to stay plugged in to provide power.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts