·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
275 Posts
Kind a fits with that Drivers account saying 200 or so were stuck in their lot waiting for delivery.
Yeah, a tid bit too is that someone on Facebook group just got their fully built email today, and the factory is clearly shut down now. They may have some finishing up built, or perhaps they don't send that until a particular post storage lot move, etc.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, a tid bit too is that someone on Facebook group just got their fully built email today, and the factory is clearly shut down now. They may have some finishing up built, or perhaps they don't send that until a particular post storage lot move, etc.
I don't think they send that email until the Hummer is shipped from the spray in bed liner location to the holding lot. Even then, I think it's delayed a while.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I made my guess based on tripling every three months. So they should finish out the ED1s this summer and start with the 3X’s. This fall they will have the battery plant come online and production will explode.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I made my guess based on tripling every three months. So they should finish out the ED1s this summer and start with the 3X’s. This fall they will have the battery plant come online and production will explode.
Battery plant is slowly producing already, it's just a question of when the quality is up to production standards, and they start making cells for vehicles. GM says August, my guess it will be closer to August 1st, then August 31st.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I’m still trying to figure out how they are “ahead of schedule” at that number. At this rate 3X’s won’t start delivering at all this year
3X planned to start in the fall, October to December, I would say that is still on track. only 272 Hummers delivered last quarter, but how many more are built, and will deliver soon? I am guess deliveries will continue through July of already built trucks, and in August the battery factory starts up which is game changing, Factory Zero going from 700 to 1900 employees the second half of 2022.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
756 Posts
I’m still trying to figure out how they are “ahead of schedule” at that number. At this rate 3X’s won’t start delivering at all this year
Battery supply is most likely the restriction right now. Once the Lordstown plant comes online it will rapidly increase. It sounds like the plant is ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
212 Posts
3X planned to start in the fall, October to December, I would say that is still on track. only 272 Hummers delivered last quarter, but how many more are built, and will deliver soon? I am guess deliveries will continue through July of already built trucks, and in August the battery factory starts up which is game changing, Factory Zero going from 700 to 1900 employees the second half of 2022.
Different version of the timeline showing up on Facebook today (not my post, to be clear):

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Darkness

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Different version of the timeline showing up on Facebook today (not my post, to be clear):

View attachment 2463
Dealers don't know any more than we do what is happening, often times less. I don't believe these numbers because there are not 1300 Hummer program participating dealers, so already the poster has lost me... Most participating dealers have more than 1 ED1 order. My dealer has already received 4 ED1, so it makes no sense.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dealers don't know any more than we do what is happening, often times less. I don't believe these numbers because there are not 1300 Hummer program participating dealers, so already the poster has lost me... Most participating dealers have more than 1 ED1 order. My dealer has already received 4 ED1, so it makes no sense.
Not hard to fake of course (but also why fake it?) but they also included this on the numbers. All I know is it’s Summer and we’re still waiting for Winter and Spring deliveries, so I’m more inclined to believe things mentioning a delay.
Just to add, the purported model years make no sense given the ~6 month 2023 MY.
Font Rectangle Magenta Signage Electric blue

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Not hard to fake of course (but also why fake it?) but they also included this on the numbers. All I know is it’s Summer and we’re still waiting for Winter and Spring deliveries, so I’m more inclined to believe things mentioning a delay.
Just to add, the purported model years make no sense given the ~6 month 2023 MY. View attachment 2464
Ya, I am not sure how GM is selecting trucks/customers to deliver, but several here had Summer and Fall schedules and already received, or are receiving their truck currently. It makes no sense, unless they are hitting ZEV states first, or dealers with a full load (3) ED1 reservations. I am just saying the 1300 showroom models makes no sense, when GM has said half of the 1000 GMC dealers participated in the Hummer EV program?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts