GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I prefer OEM look most of the time. I think they look decent. And thats not because i have them lol.
Whats clear from GM's movie yesterday is the Hummer is a pretty bad off roader, so why have those 18" balloon tires, put on some 22's or 24's and see if that tightens up the handling so its better than a wet dish cloth on road would be my thinking.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whats clear from GM's movie yesterday is the Hummer is a pretty bad off roader, so why have those 18" balloon tires, put on some 22's or 24's and see if that tightens up the handling so its better than a wet dish cloth on road would be my thinking.
Ive never owned a truck but driven many. Im a sports car person. I did own a TRD Pro 4 Runner and this is MILES better to drive on the road. After putting 100 miles on it I wouldn't want to diminish the ride quality with less tire and more wheel. Its handles the road wayy better than I expected and is pretty damn compliant. It certainly doesnt handle like a 9000 lb truck…and again ive done a lot of track laps so im coming from that perspective. The only good off road Hummer is the H1.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is on a skate board type of frame so all the weight is low with a low center of gravity. At 9000 lbs I wasn't expecting it to be an off road champion and the under carriage cameras should be a give away to not do too much off road. However, can it hold its own or will it just sink in mud if taken to a muddy off road situation.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Ive never owned a truck but driven many. Im a sports car person. I did own a TRD Pro 4 Runner and this is MILES better to drive on the road. After putting 100 miles on it I wouldn't want to diminish the ride quality with less tire and more wheel. Its handles the road wayy better than I expected and is pretty damn compliant. It certainly doesnt handle like a 9000 lb truck…and again ive done a lot of track laps so im coming from that perspective. The only good off road Hummer is the H1.
Ya, the Hummer is not bad handling, but the Rivian is far better. The Hummer suspension is too prone to hobby horsing on and off throttle, could get sea sick. Rivian stays flat as can be, beat the Hummer in a straight line and in the corners.

You just pointed out GM's problem, they are trying to be better then older models, but not even shooting for best in class as they should. GM engineers should be embarrassed, they have all the development tools in house, and still miss best in class.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
It is on a skate board type of frame so all the weight is low with a low center of gravity. At 9000 lbs I wasn't expecting it to be an off road champion and the under carriage cameras should be a give away to not do too much off road. However, can it hold its own or will it just sink in mud if taken to a muddy off road situation.
Hummer has poor ground clearance, easily high centered from GM's own video, then when pushed to get fthrough it wadded up the tie rod. Rivian R1T cruised through that same trail, no problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would not mud this heavyweight lolol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.