GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Damn!!!! @dje The Dynamat will also help with any road noise. We need some pics of the subs under the rear seat, amp placements, etc. Also please give a review based on what you upgraded to and the stock BOSE???? Is it a 21k difference? I see that the 21K does include labor. Did he charge tax? OR was that an out the door price?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be a few weeks but will have shop take pics of whole build process. Stock bose sucks!!!! My Raptor has a $18K system very close but JL amps so no way can I deal with bose stock for my daily driver. No tax I paying cash. Thats 100% out the door price, unless we change box design with lights but for now thats it.

Damn!!!! @dje The Dynamat will also help with any road noise. We need some pics of the subs under the rear seat, amp placements, etc. Also please give a review based on what you upgraded to and the stock BOSE???? Is it a 21k difference? I see that the 21K does include labor. Did he charge tax? OR was that an out the door price?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Be a few weeks but will have shop take pics of whole build process. Stock bose sucks!!!! My Raptor has a $18K system very close but JL amps so no way can I deal with bose stock for my daily driver. No tax I paying cash. Thats 100% out the door price, unless we change box design with lights but for now thats it.
Looking forward to seeing that set UP !!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stock headunit you will still hear the simulated EV noises? With the Conductors optional direct BT for your phone will bypass those noises? Does you installer have any tricks to eliminate the simulated EV sounds using the stock head unit?

Please post progress pics, very interested. In my teenage years I had 4-15's and 5k watts Zapco, being older with moderate hearing loss I can know why my neighbors where annoyed!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can turn the fake noise of under settings i never have it on. yes he will do tons of built process pics as he goes.

I could of done 2 13.50 JL but thats not the sound i looking for the 4 10s will fit my music style much better

Stock headunit you will still hear the simulated EV noises? With the Conductors optional direct BT for your phone will bypass those noises? Does you installer have any tricks to eliminate the simulated EV sounds using the stock head unit?

Please post progress pics, very interested. In my teenage years I had 4-15's and 5k watts Zapco, being older with moderate hearing loss I can know why my neighbors where annoyed!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would you mind sharing some brief directions on how to turn off the fake EV sounds? I cannot locate those settings in the menus.

Thank you in advance.

you can turn the fake noise of under settings i never have it on. yes he will do tons of built process pics as he goes.

I could of done 2 13.50 JL but thats not the sound i looking for the 4 10s will fit my music style much better

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dropped it off yesterday for install take about 2 weeks.

new helix amps just got released so was able to change out the 2 Helix 6 to Helix 6 Ultimate HELIX P SIX DSP ULTIMATE
subs will have 2 helix 2 amps HELIX P TWO

total of 5380 watts clean power RMS 18 speakers
took pic of 2 sub amps the 8in front door and 6.5 rear doors front and rear tweeters rest was upstairs at audio place will have them do full build pics
Brown Rectangle Font Tints and shades Technology

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Font Metal

Automotive lighting Eyewear Cameras & optics Material property Audio equipment

Rectangle Font Machine Box Metal

·
Registered
255 Posts
@dje Wow, cant wait til that baby is done, please keep us updated on the progress, i hope they are meticulous in taking apart everything, and more importantly everything works without any damage when put back together! :). I am definitely going to upgrade, but not to the price tag you have done (wish I could). I would be interested in the sub box, as I am sure others may be..... cant wait to see the rest... that is going to sound unbelievable!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats all above my pay grade i am just the customer not the builder

Looks great but why have joints on the sub enclosure if 3D printed? You can create an offset plane and extrude the vertical walls as one piece instead having all the joints.

4-10" you should have some internal bracing as well, maybe do the whole enclosure out of 6061 similar to Magico who is local

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my hummer is the cheap one in that shop, they do great work and take their time with every step. I know they will do a group buy on the box once it is all done so you can buy just the box from them and do what ever level you want on your own

@dje Wow, cant wait til that baby is done, please keep us updated on the progress, i hope they are meticulous in taking apart everything, and more importantly everything works without any damage when put back together! :). I am definitely going to upgrade, but not to the price tag you have done (wish I could). I would be interested in the sub box, as I am sure others may be..... cant wait to see the rest... that is going to sound unbelievable!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts