GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like all of the Hummers delivered in Michigan thus far have a front license plate bracket. It wasn't requested, so maybe they're going on all of them or the initial ones.

I checked on the GMC accessories website, and they don't have a cover listed.

If anyone finds a cover for this, please post it. I think it would look nicer with a color-matching cover.

·
Super Moderator
452 Posts
I can't really tell from the picture, but I've never seen a front plate bracket installed from the factory. They always come in the "goodies" bag which includes that, the owners manual, floor mats, etc. It all gets put in a plastic bag. I'm shocked they made the decision to preinstall the front bracket since it's always been a dealer installed item.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
I can't really tell from the picture, but I've never seen a front plate bracket installed from the factory. They always come in the "goodies" bag which includes that, the owners manual, floor mats, etc. It all gets put in a plastic bag. I'm shocked they made the decision to preinstall the front bracket since it's always been a dealer installed item.
For the hummer it actually replaces the front grey trim, it isn't an addon that gets attached on top. It's the same with the C8 Corvette the front trim where the plate is installed on the Corvette is swappable for the Plate holder or the nose plate.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For the hummer it actually replaces the front grey trim, it isn't an addon that gets attached on top. It's the same with the C8 Corvette the front trim where the plate is installed on the Corvette is swappable for the Plate holder or the nose plate.
This is how it is on my Audi A7.. totally different grill for the plate. Definitely a PITA to change so I had explcitly requested no plate mounting and had to sign a special waiver form stating I was aware this was in conflict with the local state law requiring both a front and rear plate to be displayed. (I have the 2nd plate in the glove box and could always just put it on the dash as a 'front' option I guess)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the front license plate cover. It was under the rear passenger seat. Looks much better with the cover on, IMO.

Shaved Ice: I don't see room behind the front bumper for a winch. The radiator is immediately behind it. Hopefully an aftermarket manufacturer will fabricate a bracket so that a winch can be mounted under or in front of the bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
okay cool! So it just snaps on? That's good to know.

I wonder why they chose to keep the mold close to the license plate holder.

·
Registered
360 Posts
@Malaligned have you done any night time driving yet? I am curious about the headlights and their performance... Does it have auto highbeams? We have a rental car right now (Mazda CX3) while the wife's Mercedes GLS is at the body shop from a deer strike. And even the Mazda has the auto highbeams, so maybe they are more common now than I thought. But her GLS has fantastic headlights... Especially compared to my '05 Silverado (not really a fair comparison)... But the older I get the harder it is to see when driving at night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.