GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been talking about this when Ford declared the profit from the Rivian investment in Q4 2021 to bail out their weak 2021 numbers, but that double edged sword came back to cut today when Ford took a $5.4B charge related to their Rivian investment which crushed their Q1 profits. They also put a picture of Blue Oval City progress in the earnings deck, its still just a farm being cleared. Ford, Ford, Ford, all these EV claims with a farm being cleared is not going to do it, when GM has its first Ultium factory nearing completion, and the second 80% through steel framing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had been talking about this when Ford declared the profit from the Rivian investment in Q4 2021 to bail out their weak 2021 numbers, but that double edged sword came back to cut today when Ford took a $5.4B charge related to their Rivian investment which crushed their Q1 profits. They also put a picture of Blue Oval City progress in the earnings deck, its still just a farm being cleared. Ford, Ford, Ford, all these EV claims with a farm being cleared is not going to do it, when GM has its first Ultium factory nearing completion, and the second 80% through steel framing.
I believe Ford's expected numbers on the Lighting, but only if they have secured enough battery from SK. The truck itself shares a significant amount of components from the normal F-150, and if they have the batteries and the orders, I fully expect they would cannibalize the normal F150 sales. It's not really innovative at all, which is probably a big reason they will end up selling every one they can produce. People don't like change. Especially the type of people to buy F150s every time they need a new vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts