GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

A Lightning owner had his truck break down on him after only a couple of weeks owning it and 80 miles driving it.

I took delivery of my new $95k Electric Platinum Lightning F150 on June 25th, Drove it for 80 miles and parked it. Charged it on my charger for three hours and then drove another 8 miles. Parked it and then went back to drive it two hours later and it would not start. Had a message that said "exit vehicle safely". Was able to get the center screen consule to light up and put it into "EMERGENCY TOW" mode. Called a tow truck and had it delivered to my local FORD dealership and it was dropped off in front of the service departments front door. I called them Monday morning; June 27th and they said that the truck would not turn on at all.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
View attachment 2476

A Lightning owner had his truck break down on him after only a couple of weeks owning it and 80 miles driving it.

I took delivery of my new $95k Electric Platinum Lightning F150 on June 25th, Drove it for 80 miles and parked it. Charged it on my charger for three hours and then drove another 8 miles. Parked it and then went back to drive it two hours later and it would not start. Had a message that said "exit vehicle safely". Was able to get the center screen consule to light up and put it into "EMERGENCY TOW" mode. Called a tow truck and had it delivered to my local FORD dealership and it was dropped off in front of the service departments front door. I called them Monday morning; June 27th and they said that the truck would not turn on at all.
Oh, that would be a big bummer to be broke down...

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
This issue sounds A LOT like what the Mache E was having with their recent recall.... I wonder if the Contactors failed in the battery....

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
585 Posts
Sounds like low 12V to me, said they could not get the infotainment on, which is a 12V issue. Could find out quick with a jump.
If the 12V failed, he would not have been able to get to the tow mode on the Sync display. It does sound a lot like the failed contactor issue in the Mach E, if one contactor welds shut, the vehicle will not start up again after it is shut down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts