GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That last chart is interesting though as Ford has shared nearly no information on their electric truck so I am not sure how anyone can have an opinion on many of the attributes. I am assuming that Ford's version will be very similar to their gas one though so many of those some attributes should be similar - such as interior and exterior design. But, we don't know the horsepower or electric range or anything like that. Let's see when the more mainstream Chevy version comes out given that the Hummer version is admittedly more extreme (in both "capability" and price) than what many people would desire/need.

I do find it also interesting given that Tesla supposedly has somewhere over 600,000 preorders on the truck last time I checked. Also, Sandy Munro (he mainly does car teardowns on Youtube) had a poll of his viewers on whether he should get a Rivian or a Hummer for his next electric car teardown. That poll supposedly was something like a 95% to 5% of Rivian to Hummer. That was very disappointing though as I don't think he will see much different battery/battery pack technology with the Rivian than with Teslas he has already done. The GM Utlium platform will utilize totally different technology than either Rivian (or Tesla for that matter) with their pouches and wireless battery technology being unique amongst the three brands.

But, good for Ford for somehow breaking through the noise and getting to the top of the heap - at least for now. If the Ford electric truck is anything like the electric Ford Transits, which are very underwhelming in comparison to the Brightdrop EV600, maybe GM has a chance to chip away at it with superior technology.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.