GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
I have to be honest some of my enthusiasm for the hummer has been lost based on what we've learned about payload and vehicle weight. It may not be a functional alternative for me. The Ford seems promising and for the 100 refundable deposit I just put one down. Now I need to ponder what I really want / need from this vehicle purchase. I still can't get past how much I like the look on the hummer. However, has GM missed on their battery design based on what we see from Ford?

· Registered
108 Posts
The Jury is still out, I thought Ford would muff the F150 Lighting when I saw they are using their regular chassis and converting it to EV, but after hearing the weight of the Hummer I am wondering if GM made the right choice to go all new chassis. Now, that being said, GM has not introduced the Silverado Ev yet, so we have not seen their entry level options, but I think Ford definitely ratchet up the pressure on GM. I also hear Tesla is building their prototype Cybertruck's now and so we will get to see what it really looks like, and real specs soon. I expect Tesla will fire back at Ford, which might make it interesting for GM. I always prefer to buy GM, but I will not buy a less capable EV just to be loyal, loyalty does not go that far.
finally seeing all these choices is creating real competition. We, the consumers, should start to reap the benefits over the next several years. I’m truly hoping the weight specs are wrong on the hummer, they appear almost ludicrous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.