GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for more specs on the Hummer EV. Can it be flat towed all four wheels on the ground? What is the overall weight? Any other specs would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Looking for more specs on the Hummer EV. Can it be flat towed all four wheels on the ground? What is the overall weight? Any other specs would be awesome.
When you say flat tow, I assume you mean like behind an RV? We will have to wait and see for the real answer, but my running assumption is no, as it has permanent magnet motors and no mechanical neutral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say flat tow, I assume you mean like behind an RV? We will have to wait and see for the real answer, but my running assumption is no, as it has permanent magnet motors and no mechanical neutral.
I was thinking yes since the Electric Differential will be in place and possibly control that feature

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was thinking yes since the Electric Differential will be in place and possibly control that feature
Yes, the Hummer EV Edition 1 will have an electronic locker in the front, but the rear is a virtual locker, which means it uses the 2 rear motors to each control one wheel, I think I heard one of the engineers say that there will not be a disengagement mechanism, but that is completely from memory so take it for what it is worth. Hopefully @Aloppen will sign on here one of these days and give us some new info, and definitively answer these questions.

·
Super Moderator
575 Posts
@JPG

No word on weight yet, unfortunately...but with 8 lug wheels, we kind of reached the conclusion here that it'll be close to heavy duty truck weight class.

As far as flat towing, I don't have much to add to what @Tom E-Tron did. I do know that the Rivian twins can flat tow...but the powertrain is set up differentl. Time will tell.

Reactions: Tom E-Tron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@JPG

No word on weight yet, unfortunately...but with 8 lug wheels, we kind of reached the conclusion here that it'll be close to heavy duty truck weight class.

As far as flat towing, I don't have much to add to what @Tom E-Tron did. I do know that the Rivian twins can flat tow...but the powertrain is set up differentl. Time will tell.
Thank you for your insight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts