GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
More than half of my clients looking at Yukons and Escalades fold the 3rd row down anyways. They want to have the storage capabilities. So essentially you have 4 seater full size SUVs rolling around with multiple types of gear in the back. The Hummer having storage in the front and back I don't see any real need for it to be a 3rd row vehicle. It's going to get used the same as families use their large SUVs now anyways.

·
Registered
251 Posts
3 row seating is like AWD, people do not "need" it, but they like to have it there once or twice a year when its handy.

I had a 3 row SUV before, and yes, rarely used the 3rd row, but that 1 or 2 times you need it, it sure is nice to have. Now that we have 2 row crossovers we miss the 3 row capability.
I can certainly understand that. I hear the back and forth drawbacks almost everyday. Not to stray but the best part is listening to them say they want the seats for those few times, but want the space but don't want to drive the bus of a Yukon XL which has both.

I think the SUV will hit a certain market just like the truck does and we won't see typical buying trends or cross shopping. It's too limited and too unique to really fit a standard critique or comparison to other vehicles, much like the Hummer truck was not mentioned in the Rivian Edmunds drive video we saw yesterday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts