GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
why is it on a flat bed, lol. I guess that might not be a good look.

I have a feeling if or when they either make enough of these to reach the actual demand or people realize they can no longer make a quick 100k off the sale of one of these. The actual demand will be a lot less so either they will drop like a rock once all the models come out or GMC will have to add a clause to excessive ordering to where they are locked into a 3-4 year ownership of the vehicle. I have a feeling the actual demand for these are super inflated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
why is it on a flat bed, lol. I guess that might not be a good look.

I have a feeling if or when they either make enough of these to reach the actual demand or people realize they can no longer make a quick 100k off the sale of one of these. The actual demand will be a lot less so either they will drop like a rock once all the models come out or GMC will have to add a clause to excessive ordering to where they are locked into a 3-4 year ownership of the vehicle. I have a feeling the actual demand for these are super inflated.
They have 3 dealerships in town and they needed to bring it to this one to be able to do some of the service stuff. It had the drive out on it so I'm assuming they took it down to the Grizzlies vs Timberwolves game last night. These people own(ed) Fedex, so they are royalty here

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
So if @Dark-Fx is Batman, an obvious celebrity, then who is @Malaligned? He has had his since early February!!

I think it's a mix of location, when ordered, and LPO/RPO option availablity, not just VIP/Net Worth. I am not a A-Z lister or a who's who, but I rate high with my hound 🤣, & mine was delivered to the Dealer April 2nd...Vin 00066.

Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
So if @Dark-Fx is Batman, an obvious celebrity, then who is @Malaligned? He has had his since early February!!

I think it's a mix of location, when ordered, and LPO/RPO option availablity, not just VIP/Net Worth. I am not a A-Z lister or a who's who, but I rate high with my hound 🤣, & nine was delivered to the Dealer April 2nd...Vin 00066.

Jeff
No idea what I did to get mine so early other than keep slamming the reserve page until I got my order in.

We'll see if actual time of order matters for the Silverado... I put my RST First Edition order in a solid 3 hours before the page was intended to go live.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No idea what I did to get mine so early other than keep slamming the reserve page until I got my order in.

We'll see if actual time of order matters for the Silverado... I put my RST First Edition order in a solid 3 hours before the page was intended to go live.
So are you planning to flip it as well, sure you are dealing with a lower MSRP so might not make that big check on that one. I wish GM would either lock in sales or charge a 5-10k deposit cash up front to keep this from happening.

·
Registered
494 Posts
So are you planning to flip it as well, sure you are dealing with a lower MSRP so might not make that big check on that one. I wish GM would either lock in sales or charge a 5-10k deposit cash up front to keep this from happening.
Nah, not planning on flipping it. I didn't totally plan on doing it for the Hummer either though. With the midgate allowing 10 feet of cargo, and maybe the ability to have a heated/cooled camper truck passthrough, it's an interesting proposition. 5 grand deposit wouldn't have stopped me from putting the reservation in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nah, not planning on flipping it. I didn't totally plan on doing it for the Hummer either though. With the midgate allowing 10 feet of cargo, and maybe the ability to have a heated/cooled camper truck passthrough, it's an interesting proposition. 5 grand deposit wouldn't have stopped me from putting the reservation in.
You made enough to pay cash for the RST. I get it that is a good deal so you can play the waiting game again and have the money draw a little bit of interest. It is not a bad thing as long as you have other things in the fleet to fill in while waiting on GM to make these.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You made enough to pay cash for the RST. I get it that is a good deal so you can play the waiting game again and have the money draw a little bit of interest. It is not a bad thing as long as you have other things in the fleet to fill in while waiting on GM to make these.
I wouldn't have sold the Hummer if I didn't get the Rivian. I may have decided to not even buy the Hummer if my R1T came in first. GM just needs to step it up enough for the Silverado to be a better truck than the R1T is.

The thing that sucks about this whole reservation BS is that you essentially don't get a chance to get in a vehicle before having to decide to purchase it. I really think it would be wise for GM to give dealers unsaleable demonstrators before they start shipping saleable trucks. Maybe they intended on doing that with the Hummer, but covid+chip shortage ruined their plans, no idea.

Dealers really don't have much value for me at all, if this is the way automakers are going to handle new car releases going forward. All it serves to do is add a middleman who probably doesn't even know as much about the vehicle as I do as an enthusiast.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wouldn't have sold the Hummer if I didn't get the Rivian. I may have decided to not even buy the Hummer if my R1T came in first. GM just needs to step it up enough for the Silverado to be a better truck than the R1T is.

The thing that sucks about this whole reservation BS is that you essentially don't get a chance to get in a vehicle before having to decide to purchase it. I really think it would be wise for GM to give dealers unsaleable demonstrators before they start shipping saleable trucks. Maybe they intended on doing that with the Hummer, but covid+chip shortage ruined their plans, no idea.

You didn't like the Hummer, I have seen a Rivian and it is and looks like an electric Tacoma which I am sure Toyota is developing. You get the federal tax incentive on the Rivian but not on the Hummer. I don't know I tend to keep my vehicles a long time and have not flipped vehicles in a while. Usually it is a PIA, you have to register it, pay taxes on it and insurance and then do it all over again when you buy something else. For me the juice is not worth the squeeze but I am not sure if I could hold onto the STI if they start selling for 100k. A s209 is breaking some records on BAT as we speak. Rarity and low production ensures that the vehicles hole their value well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now Dark does the fact that about one year after the RST is released they are releasing an update with 20K towing give you pause. It does for me personally. Also personally waiting for that Sierra and hoping the towing is available right away or I’ll have to do some type of weird build ready reservation on hold until the Max towing becomes available.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts