GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents, I didn't get the hard tonneau cover when I verified but dealer said I can place order now online for it and have it installed when truck arrives still. With the 10% off in September it will run basically $4K with tax and dealer installation after the discount.

So:
1) Has it been worth it overall or seems to be?
2) Is it water tight/resistant a lot?
3) Seems like it'll last - heard it doesn't sound clunky like Rivian's.
4) Does it eat up too much bed space, says its a compact 7.5" canister rolls into.

Thanks, thinking of ordering in next couple days so appreciate reviews of it.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Hey gents, I didn't get the hard tonneau cover when I verified but dealer said I can place order now online for it and have it installed when truck arrives still. With the 10% off in September it will run basically $4K with tax and dealer installation after the discount.

So:
1) Has it been worth it overall or seems to be?
2) Is it water tight/resistant a lot?
3) Seems like it'll last - heard it doesn't sound clunky like Rivian's.
4) Does it eat up too much bed space, says its a compact 7.5" canister rolls into.

Thanks, thinking of ordering in next couple days so appreciate reviews of it.
I like it, much better operation then Rivian's. It does eat up some bed space, and so far the bed has remained dry, but we will find out more this winter, in Seattle, leaks will show up quickly when we get to rainy season.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Once I figured out how I had disengaged it from fully stuffing the camping gear in and this forum taught me the reset process its been flawless execution. I intentionally soaked the truck while washing it this past week to see if either the roof panels or bed cover would leak. Zero roof leak and only very small wet spots at the top two corners of the bed by the cab after. Wife finds it really easy to use and hasnt complained either when picking up kids with their bikes.

I've never seen the default soft top to compare as all the other local HEVs also opted for it but yes Id say no regrets on it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@travwill ~ Yes ~ Overall definitely. Mine has worked flawlessly as well, and def like the extra locked storage area. It just fits this truck! You can add it at any time, hoping GMC comes back with the 20% or 25% off again so I can add additional accessories. I would also recommend the the mud guards if you haven't all ready.
Awesome thanks too. Yeah I got both kud guards since lots of gravel/rock in my are, the interior safe, Ibar storage, metal pedals, bed rails, smaller stuff.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Awesome thanks too. Yeah I got both kud guards since lots of gravel/rock in my are, the interior safe, Ibar storage, metal pedals, bed rails, smaller stuff.
Even though you didnt order the electric tonneau as one of the window sticker options, I would talk to them about waving the installation charge, for the money spent on it. Remember any accessories that are "options" listed on the window sticker, should have NO dealer installation charges. Good luck with the delivery!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts