GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think the UI could be more open/customizable on the main screen. This isn't something I would normally complain about but since its a google interface it makes me feel like I should be able to control it more than I can.

I would like to move the auxiliary buttons out of off road mode in the menus and add them individually to the main screen. The main screen should add a second row of the "favorite" buttons along the left side if you want them to allow this.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
776 Posts
I think the UI could be more open/customizable on the main screen. This isn't something I would normally complain about but since its a google interface it makes me feel like I should be able to control it more than I can.

I would like to move the auxiliary buttons out of off road mode in the menus and add them individually to the main screen. The main screen should add a second row of the "favorite" buttons along the left side if you want them to allow this.
The Aux buttons are available as a separate card on the right hand side where you see the analog clock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Aux buttons are available as a separate card on the right hand side where you see the analog clock.
I figured that out but would still rather just a button specifically to turn my extra front lights on.

The interface still has that maze of menus feel most cars do nowadays and in a google UI it should be easily fixable. I do a lot of customizations with my UI’s and I know I could personally make this thing so much more smooth and clean.

This really isn’t a hummer specific issue though and unavoidable unless you get an eqs.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
776 Posts
I figured that out but would still rather just a button specifically to turn my extra front lights on.

The interface still has that maze of menus feel most cars do nowadays and in a google UI it should be easily fixable. I do a lot of customizations with my UI’s and I know I could personally make this thing so much more smooth and clean.

This really isn’t a hummer specific issue though and unavoidable unless you get an eqs.
GM's new Ultifi OS will have customizable shortcuts you can assign anything to. That's going to show up in the new Silverado EV.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Current Hummer builds do not have full ultifi capability, ultifi equipped builds start next spring, 2024 model year blazer and Lyriq will be the first.
not sure if the hardware on current hummer but we could surel expect some upgrades. Not sure about a big one but now and the culture Ultifi has google android/auto as it’s base so we could hope.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
not sure if the hardware on current hummer but we could surel expect some upgrades. Not sure about a big one but now and the culture Ultifi has google android/auto as it’s base so we could hope.
As I understand there is a major system architectural shift coming in the upcoming 2024 and later models, the OTA and software services capability changes dramatically with this new hardware/software.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
584 Posts
As I understand there is a major system architectural shift coming in the upcoming 2024 and later models, the OTA and software services capability changes dramatically with this new hardware/software.
When's the next major shift after that where they promise again they will actually do OTA updates?

·
Registered
102 Posts
When's the next major shift after that where they promise again they will actually do OTA updates?
I just got mine so I would t know but have they done any significant OTA updates yet. Maybe they could just do one that adds a new option for background on the UI just to prove they will do it.

The fact that they have a big software update in the future doesn’t bode well for having significant resources dedicated to updating the current OS. Also utilifi definitely won’t run on the current hardware, it’s already pretty slow as it is.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts