GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are some simple software features GM could easily add the the Hummer EV as the hardware is all there to do this. Can any of you think of features that could/should be added?

*Summon (not smart Summon) Just a simple forward and reverse to get the hummer out of tight places
*Sentry Mode Cameras are all there, just need a storage device
*Dog Mode This is basically a climate control system for when you leave a pet in the car for a few minutes
*Simple games to kill time while charging
*Kar Kareoke
*Improved App access to all functions, windows, frunk, HVAC, Navigation, charging info,

Add... and this should be item 1 on the list PLUG AND CHARGE capability

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive list. I would love to see:

Weather shown on the maps. I know they use Google Maps but I don’t use them so not sure if that’s available.
Integration into a “home automation” system. I have a garage door that can be open and closed as well as checked to see it’s status. My outside doors and cameras are on it as well.

Google play Hopefully will give us some software possibilities soon as well other than just built in stuff.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
929 Posts
Lack of plug and charge was hardly a big deal with the NFC readers on the stations worked properly. Phone only needs to be unlocked. Plug in, hold unlocked phone on station until it vibrates, done. It didn't always work, but once you've gone through the process a few times it's not that bad. Honestly think I had more issues with the plug not seating fully or the specific plug having issues with it.

Of course it would be a lot better if I could just plug into any random DCFC station, no matter the provider, and walk away right away. The initialization process in general takes too long, not sure who to blame about that but it's probably SAE.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lack of plug and charge was hardly a big deal with the NFC readers on the stations worked properly. Phone only needs to be unlocked. Plug in, hold unlocked phone on station until it vibrates, done. It didn't always work, but once you've gone through the process a few times it's not that bad. Honestly think I had more issues with the plug not seating fully or the specific plug having issues with it.

Of course it would be a lot better if I could just plug into any random DCFC station, no matter the provider, and walk away right away. The initialization process in general takes too long, not sure who to blame about that but it's probably SAE.
Plug and charge is a convenience feature, but if it works like Tesla's Supercharger network its a very big deal. I think at this point the primary reason to choose a Tesla over others is the charging. you can find a better built of more feature rich EV (Ioniq5), but Tesla's charging is second to none.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
233 Posts
I'd love:
  • GPS-based raising/lowering of suspension (like Tesla)
  • The ability to go over 9 mph in lowered mode (for parking garages)
  • Optional non-white background for dashboard display
  • Ability to disable fake motor sounds ("Stealth Mode")
  • Faster access to crab walk mode and WTF mode without so many theatrics
  • Edit to add A usable ride height (even if Off Road mode only) between Terrain and Extract modes (and Extract mode to be available)

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love:
  • Faster access to crab mode and WTF mode without so many theatrics
totally agree on fake sounds, I hate those in all EV's, Hummer being one of the most obnoxious. I would also prefer full power any time I step on the accelerator, like Tesla or Rivian, WTF mode is a gimmick, just give me all the available power any time I want it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
totally agree on fake sounds, I hate those in all EV's, Hummer being one of the most obnoxious. I would also prefer full power any time I step on the accelerator, like Tesla or Rivian, WTF mode is a gimmick, just give me all the available power any time I want it.
Tesla has Drag Strip Mode these days which can take a few minutes to get into "Cheetah Stance" and runs a bunch of fans to cool the motors and heat or cool the batteries as needed (in both their Long Range and Plaid S and X models). I also recently learned that when you exit your car and had it in Drag Strip Mode before you got out, the fans keep running the whole time you're at a kid football practice, which was a bit of a surprise...

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tesla has Drag Strip Mode these days which can take a few minutes to get into "Cheetah Stance" and runs a bunch of fans to cool the motors and heat or cool the batteries as needed (in both their Long Range and Plaid S and X models). I also recently learned that when you exit your car and had it in Drag Strip Mode before you got out, the fans keep running the whole time you're at a kid football practice, which was a bit of a surprise...
That is just for launch control... If you are cruising at 30 mph in a plaid and nail it you get the full power... I have done it. It is actually more impressive from 30mph than from a dead stop... 30-100 happens fast...

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is just for launch control... If you are cruising at 30 mph in a plaid and nail it you get the full power... I have done it. It is actually more impressive from 30mph than from a dead stop... 30-100 happens fast...
Sure, but it won't be full, full power since batteries won't be at that "perfect" temp without preconditioning and suspension won't be at the ideal adjustment. Is the Hummer cutting power outside WTF mode that you've seen?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure, but it won't be full, full power since batteries won't be at that "perfect" temp without preconditioning and suspension won't be at the ideal adjustment. Is the Hummer cutting power outside WTF mode that you've seen?
The Hummer loses substantial power out of WTF mode. Tesla does not cut power when not in launch mode, sometimes the battery power is limited by being cold or hot, but if battery is median temp in regular driving mode it outputs full power all the time. Plaid Model S quarter mile time in or out of Plaid is about the same, only a tenth or so variance, and trap speed is within a couple miles an hour. Its just Plaid sends all the power at a dead stop, non plaid waits until 10-15 mph to unleash all the power.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
929 Posts
Even in WTF mode it's not as responsive when not at a dead stop as my R1T throttle is. A lot of that probably has to do with how much heft the vehicle has and how much it tilts back when you nail the throttle. WTF mode is only as quick as it is from a dead stop because it's essentially riding on the bump stops.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even in WTF mode it's not as responsive when not at a dead stop as my R1T throttle is. A lot of that probably has to do with how much heft the vehicle has and how much it tilts back when you nail the throttle. WTF mode is only as quick as it is from a dead stop because it's essentially riding on the bump stops.
Right, back to my other point of how good the Rivian suspension controls body movement, they do not have to calibrate their throttle to help the suspension balance which is a huge advantage.

Heavy vehicle needs the hydraulic tricks and toys to to balance out, adaptive dampers are not strong enough to control the Hummers fat tummy.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
706 Posts
Lack of plug and charge was hardly a big deal with the NFC readers on the stations worked properly.
My experience with those readers on the older ABB units has been abysmal. I find swiping to charge in the EA App to be much more reliable. But in the end plug and charge really does work well, but even that takes time to initiate. Once you have it, you will not want to go back.

I have noticed that on the newer Signet units the NFC readers are separate from the credit card readers, and could be more reliable. The old original units had those integrated together and most of the time the readers would not work even for credit cards.

I use the NFC readers for ChargePoint and those work pretty well.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I'd love:
  • Faster access to crab walk mode and WTF mode without so many theatrics
  • Edit to add A usable ride height (even if Off Road mode only) between Terrain and Extract modes (and Extract mode to be available)
I found out the other day that you can select the “night mode” (dark background) as your default background and disable the switching from light to dark background, I like the dark background as it looks much better with car play.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts