GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
My first trip in the truck. Stopped at a 350 kW DC charger. 160, then down to 55, or so. Does anyone ever see 350 kW?
I have seen a Hummer charge around 300kW, but not 350Kw Did you condition the battery for charging? What was your state of charge? As for your charge sample, the issue could be the charger or grid in that area, or the truck. I would sample a series of chargers and see if you see different results . In an OTA software update GM said they will add instrumentation that will tell the owner how much the BMS is calling for, so you can see what the truck is asking the charger for. Also should check plugshare for the specific charger, people having good luck there or bad luck?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your vehicle has reached 80% state of charge and may begin to reduce its charging rate. Please move your vehicle once charging stops to avoid idle fees ($0.00/min pre-tax).

04/30/2022 03:13:35 PM
Charger #100165-09
Connector #1

Current charging cost: $16.01

Current state of charge: 80%
Charging time: 00:50:02

Electrify America 1-833-632-2778

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
929 Posts
Who was that rapper/home remodeler?
ICE baby. Don’t get me wrong. Love the truck, but I bought “100 miles in 10 min”. Not, “ go shopping mf’er, you’re gonna be here awhile “
Start at or below 10%, unplug before 70% if you want to optimize charge time. Always use the built-in google maps to navigate to the charging station, or force it to precondition 45 minutes before you plan to charge.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Start at or below 10%, unplug before 70% if you want to optimize charge time.
Ya, that is true of nearly all EV's but need more data to see what happened in your charge session, like beginning SOC, Temp, Battery pre condition, Charger locations (some locations cannot fully power the chargers yet). I tend to look for the newer style chargers, the original EA stations can be more buggy than the more recently installed ones.

·
Super Moderator
457 Posts
ICE baby. Don’t get me wrong. Love the truck, but I bought “100 miles in 10 min”. Not, “ go shopping mf’er, you’re gonna be here awhile “
This one's going on Cars and Bids soon. Seems to be par for the course so far. One dislike and off to the auction.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,306 Posts
It will do 100 Miles in 10 minutes when you are in a low SOC.
You also want to make sure the battery is conditioned before fast charging and you may want to make sure that charger you stopped at can deliver 500 Amps.

The higher the state of charge the harder it is to push electrons into the battery.

Watch Kyle Conner from Out of Spec studios on their youtube channels. They go through all the ins and outs of charging.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
and that was nothing at you @Dark-Fx . It's wild to me now that money is involved how excited we all were to own ours, go off-roading, tell stories and share experiences to now one problem it's gone. Just not quite how I saw deliveries going and our discussions.
When you can double up your money so easily, its hard to justify not selling... If I get mine soon, will sell it, and use the funds to buy a Lyriq, and GMC SierraEV, and buy a few cases of old Bordeaux first growths with the change. haha!

·
Registered
119 Posts
When you can double up your money so easily, its hard to justify not selling... If I get mine soon, will sell it, and use the funds to buy a Lyriq, and GMC SierraEV, and buy a few cases of old Bordeaux first growths with the change. haha!
My thoughts were to keep it initally but when they production number were announced and they actually started selling I quickly changed my mind. This will literally buy you another vehicle for 0. I have a SUV 3x ordered, so may use this to pay for that hopefully.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve got 3k miles on it and won’t be selling anytime soon. My complaint is not hummer specific, just ev in general for longer trips. The technology isn’t ready for prime time, unless maybe you’re retired and don’t mind waiting on a charge. I’m sure at some point we won’t be able to use gasoline to travel

·
Registered
155 Posts
I’ve got 3k miles on it and won’t be selling anytime soon. My complaint is not hummer specific, just ev in general for longer trips. The technology isn’t ready for prime time, unless maybe you’re retired and don’t mind waiting on a charge. I’m sure at some point we won’t be able to use gasoline to travel
Charge speed will continue to increase, I’m not sure what the theoretical maximum is though. We will also see battery technology improving and I’m guessing at least a doubling of energy density in the next decade or so.

Charge stations will have to change, or become gas stations really. They will need to be placed near highways and be pull through. There is a good chance some company will see the benefit of having a customer stuck charging their car for a half hour or more in the near future. They will build entertainment charging stations with stuff to buy and have arcades or something for kids.

Charging stations probably won’t be all over town like gas stations because everyone can charge from home, blunt will be large and at central access areas.

I’ll be selling mine if the price stays high too like others have said. I still want one and have another SUT and SUV reserved.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It really is not surprising actually to see almost all new adopters here going to auction with them so quickly. I believe most on this forum will flip theirs as the ones who will keep them are the ones who already have delivery and do not post on this forum. Rather or not these people are paying taxes, insurance on a 110k vehicle or not. I assume you would have some sort of capital gains tax as well. These actions have consequences which I would not want my name on.

However you sell a 110k vehicle for 250-300K and I'm the buyer. I am reporting the seller to the IRS for capital gains. 100 percent

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
It really is not surprising actually to see almost all new adopters he going to auction with them so quickly. I believe most on this forum will flip theirs as the ones who will keep them are the ones who already have delivery and do not post on this forum. Rather or not these people are paying taxes, insurance on a 110k vehicle or not. I assume you would have some sort of capital gains tax as well. These actions have consequences which I would not want my name on.

However you sell a 110k vehicle for 250-300K and I'm the buyer. I am reporting the seller to the IRS for capital gains. 100 percent
No big deal, buy a $125K vehicle (including tax and fees). sell for $225K you would have a $100K short term capital gain, and have to add that to your taxable income. So, depending on your income level, you pay the taxes, but still have substantial gains.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No big deal, buy a $125K vehicle (including tax and fees). sell for $225K you would have a $100K short term capital gain, and have to add that to your taxable income. So, depending on your income level, you pay the taxes, but still have substantial gains.
True, so your 100k is actually 70-85k, that is a good amount of money but you are not going to retire on it and if you are buying this to make that amount of money then you probably shouldn't be buying this to begin with. In effect all you are doing is flooding the market with used Hummers which will have a negative impact on resale values moving forward, It is a surplus verses demand thing. Once the surplus hits a point you could have 100s of Hummer EVs listed for 250k and that is what there will be just 100s of them listed for 250k and none selling. I have seen the same things happen with Raptors and Z06 Corvettes.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
True, so your 100k is actually 70-85k, that is a good amount of money but you are not going to retire on it and if you are buying this to make that amount of money then you probably shouldn't be buying this to begin with. In effect all you are doing is flooding the market with used Hummers which will have a negative impact on resale values moving forward, It is a surplus verses demand thing. Once the surplus hits a point you could have 100s of Hummer EVs listed for 250k and that is what there will be just 100s of them listed for 250k and none selling. I have seen the same things happen with Raptors and Z06 Corvettes.
Yes, eventually supply will balance with demand and residual values will drop, but I think its going to be a while for the Hummer EV as demand far exceeds supply.

The new Z06 is going to be even more crazy as the demand is off the charts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I do not think you understand what I am saying, the perceived demand is greater than the actual demand. Once there are more Hummers on the market they will probably be selling for way below the MSRP because they made too many and the people who initially took delivery all sold them off to the REAL buyers of the truck. When demand is artificially inflated then you eventually end up with a surplus.

Take for example other rare cars like your z06 or a s209 STI, they only make so many of them. The demand is high for the car and far exceeds the actual value of the vehicles. There is going to be no more of them and the ones made are all there will ever be. This keeps the price of the vehicles high and maintains an appreciation value. With GM making tons of Hummers what you are seeing is an artificial price. They hit the actual production numbers they are talking then the Hummer EV will be just like the H2s and H3s.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
929 Posts
Once there are more Hummers on the market they will probably be selling for way below the MSRP because they made too many and the people who initially took delivery all sold them off to the REAL buyers of the truck
Seller here. I put in a reservation for the SUV after I sold my pickup. They are that good. I might not have sold it if it didn't command such a big premium right now. But I also really don't need two pickups, the SUV will be for my wife most likely.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts