GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are you an ED1 reservation holder? What was your estimated build season?
you werent asking me, but I'm a spring 2022 and havent gotten a built email. My dealership got 2 last week, 7:40 and 7:42(I'm 742 as well) but not mine. He was told by the Hummer rep I'd have mine by July 1 but I know that isn't happening, especially with the shutdown.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
you werent asking me, but I'm a spring 2022 and havent gotten a built email. My dealership got 2 last week, 7:40 and 7:42(I'm 742 as well) but not mine. He was told by the Hummer rep I'd have mine by July 1 but I know that isn't happening, especially with the shutdown.
Hmm, that sounds suspicious, I hope dealers are not telling GM some folks cancelled, and taking the order for themselves. GM needs a better system to track, because overall I do not trust dealers at all. Some Ford dealers were doing this on Mach E GT, they would cancel the customer order after the vin was issued, and take the car for themselves. GM needs a customer service person that knows the order, and vin numbers so customers can feel confident they are not getting screwed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If
I were you I’d call the concierge and see what their info says. Sounds like they don’t have much more than just general information but maybe they can at least confirm if yours was shipped.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If

I were you I’d call the concierge and see what their info says. Sounds like they don’t have much more than just general information but maybe they can at least confirm if yours was shipped.
Hmm, that sounds suspicious, I hope dealers are not telling GM some folks cancelled, and taking the order for themselves. GM needs a better system to track, because overall I do not trust dealers at all. Some Ford dealers were doing this on Mach E GT, they would cancel the customer order after the vin was issued, and take the car for themselves. GM needs a customer service person that knows the order, and vin numbers so customers can feel confident they are not getting screwed.
Concierge cant tell me anything other than that I'm fully verified. They are basically completely useless.

While some dealers may try to be slick. This dealership I don't believe would to that to me because I grew up with the owners son and also, they still have their original Hummer dealership. I believe its the only one in the country.

I think GM just massively overpromised and underdelivered. I also think alot of the dealerships werent ready for the EV requirements for this. We also know they arent going "in order" because people with summer and fall deliveries have theirs while winter 21 and spring 22 dont. All I can think is that they tried to basically get one to every major market and big volume dealer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That would be fantastic if all 1,200 ED1's were already built! The news about the recent price increase and about the configurator going live soon has me guessing you're probably right and they're gearing up for EV3X production... which would be SWEET!

My dealer is getting (2) ED1's for test drive units that are supposed to arrive (from the dealer) in Fall. I wonder if they'll actually just be EV3X's that are upgraded to the same spec as the ED1 and white.
Hmmmm, would be awesome yes. Still waiting on my built email for a Fall delivery. Perhaps if the rest of us get built emails literally this week it would be true that they are doing in post Edition 1, but haven't yet. That makes sense since they will likely then change the custom interstellar interior stuff to vary now, paint shop would run multiple colors batches after this, etc. Why switch before ED1s are all built unless timing is more important for other reasons.

I figure if don't get the built email this week now it'll be after July :-(

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Concierge cant tell me anything other than that I'm fully verified. They are basically completely useless.

While some dealers may try to be slick. This dealership I don't believe would to that to me because I grew up with the owners son and also, they still have their original Hummer dealership. I believe its the only one in the country.

I think GM just massively overpromised and underdelivered. I also think alot of the dealerships werent ready for the EV requirements for this. We also know they arent going "in order" because people with summer and fall deliveries have theirs while winter 21 and spring 22 dont. All I can think is that they tried to basically get one to every major market and big volume dealer.
If GM overpromised, Why do some people that had Summer and Fall already have the HummerEV? Maybe GM is out of order, based on locations, and/ or Zev states states? I don't really have an explanation, why some get build notices and ship notices, and some don't other than to say GM has a broken system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my Built email today - thank goodness. I'm guessing that all Spring (and maybe summer) ED1s are built already. Unfortunately, and i hate to say it but if GM did indeed finish ALL ED1s they'd be broadcasting it to toot their own horn. either way I'm happy but still waiting.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I just got my Built email today - thank goodness. I'm guessing that all Spring (and maybe summer) ED1s are built already. Unfortunately, and i hate to say it but if GM did indeed finish ALL ED1s they'd be broadcasting it to toot their own horn. either way I'm happy but still waiting.
Several Fall reservations have gotten the built Email too... I think the factory has built all the 2022 ED1's, but some might be missing parts, or in rework, only when completed do they send the "Fully Built" email. When production restarts they will be 2023 models is my guess. Also I think we will start seeing more Hummer SUV, and SilveradoE pre production models running around after the shutdown. GM always has cool stuff going on during these kind of shutdowns.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Has anyone heard or thought about that they were going to add the "Power Station" to later model years of the SUT.... If they are changing over the model years, wonder if it would be available on a 2023 model? It would be nice to be able to use the truck as a backup power source for the house...

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
777 Posts
Has anyone heard or thought about that they were going to add the "Power Station" to later model years of the SUT.... If they are changing over the model years, wonder if it would be available on a 2023 model? It would be nice to be able to use the truck as a backup power source for the house...
Not for Edition 1 Trucks, those will all be identical, EV3X maybe a different story once its options are available. However, I think powerstation won't show up for the Pickup until 2024 model year.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I hear that is a 2024 model year option.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmmmm, would be awesome yes. Still waiting on my built email for a Fall delivery. Perhaps if the rest of us get built emails literally this week it would be true that they are doing in post Edition 1, but haven't yet. That makes sense since they will likely then change the custom interstellar interior stuff to vary now, paint shop would run multiple colors batches after this, etc. Why switch before ED1s are all built unless timing is more important for other reasons.

I figure if don't get the built email this week now it'll be after July :-(
Hopefully you get that email very soon! Maybe they’re just doing the switch over to the 2023 model year too, and you’ll get one with some nice year 2 upgrades! 😎

21 - 33 of 33 Posts