GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 27 to July 22 shutdown of Factory Zero - so we would expect all Hummer builds to pause for a good month now? UG!

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
June 27 to July 22 shutdown of Factory Zero - so we would expect all Hummer builds to pause for a good month now? UG!

Must be re-tooling for the Silverado? Or could be the Origin? I can't recall if that was supposed to get its own line. IIRC those two are supposed to start production at about the same time.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
My guess is a combination of ramping up truck production and getting ready for SUV production as well.
The press release explains it, Summer Break, preparing for increased production, and future products including SilveradoE.

I wonder if this will also be model year changeover? Are all the ED1's assembled?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here's a non-paywalled article from Fox Business.

Looks like (according to the article), the shut down is purely to re-tool to increase production. So that's hopeful!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wonder if this will also be model year changeover? Are all the ED1's assembled?
That would be fantastic if all 1,200 ED1's were already built! The news about the recent price increase and about the configurator going live soon has me guessing you're probably right and they're gearing up for EV3X production... which would be SWEET!

My dealer is getting (2) ED1's for test drive units that are supposed to arrive (from the dealer) in Fall. I wonder if they'll actually just be EV3X's that are upgraded to the same spec as the ED1 and white.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
The press release explains it, Summer Break, preparing for increased production, and future products including SilveradoE.

Edition Ones should have both a 22 and 23 model year according to GM's site.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
That would be fantastic if all 1,200 ED1's were already built! The news about the recent price increase and about the configurator going live soon has me guessing you're probably right and they're gearing up for EV3X production... which would be SWEET!

My dealer is getting (2) ED1's for test drive units that are supposed to arrive (from the dealer) in Fall. I wonder if they'll actually just be EV3X's that are upgraded to the same spec as the ED1 and white.
ED1's are a upgraded 3X, and titled that way

·
Registered
155 Posts
Now my car industry logistical knowledge is limited but it’s not like this would be spur of the moment? This would have probably been in the works for months so could it be they plan to finish off the summer reservations and or ED1 reservations before the shut down?

It seems probable to me that they would planning on taking the pause after a milestone of some sort and not just randomly.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
Now my car industry logistical knowledge is limited but it’s not like this would be spur of the moment? This would have probably been in the works for months so could it be they plan to finish off the summer reservations and or ED1 reservations before the shut down?

It seems probable to me that they would planning on taking the pause after a milestone of some sort and not just randomly.
Could be a parts shortage instead of a milestone.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts

They are doing it during their normal Summer shut down.
GM's traditional Summer shut down is between June 28 to July 9 .

·
Registered
436 Posts

I stopped by my dealership today and finally got to talk to someone who was slightly knowledgeable. He said that they had 1 - ED1 coming and it was the owners and he got it through the regular online registration just like anyone else and they had a second one coming that would be a floor model. He said that they weren't expecting either of them until the Fall...

He did say that if you had already reserved one that they would be selling at MSRP, but if they had stock inventory (which I doubt would happen for some time) then there would probably be a market adjustment...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts