GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,571 Posts
Has anyone got extract mode enabled? I had a OTA software update yesterday thought that was it but nope. I called dealer they not sure on their end.
GM emailed Hummer EV Owners on the steps to get it enabled. You need to setup an appointment with your dealer to order new Ride Height Sensors and the software updated to enable it.

Call Concierge and have them speak to the dealer if they are unfamiliar with the steps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that and my hummer is new enough it does not need right height sensors, my came from factory with correct ones. I took it into dealer and they did not have any software update for it. They said it is VIN specific so they cant just push a software update it has to be avail for my vin.

GM emailed Hummer EV Owners on the steps to get it enabled. You need to setup an appointment with your dealer to order new Ride Height Sensors and the software updated to enable it.

Call Concierge and have them speak to the dealer if they are unfamiliar with the steps.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts

Do you know what VIN's need the new ride height sensors?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was going to give my dealership till next Monday afternoon to call back and ask on the status of the new sensors. Took it in on July 5th, dealership was clueless, I filled in the service manager on everything I knew from GM and here about it and by the end of the day they had the sensors ordered. Not sure how / when the software update will come b/c the one that I installed yesterday everyone here is talking about had nothing related to Extract mode mentioned anywhere.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,096 Posts
I was going to give my dealership till next Monday afternoon to call back and ask on the status of the new sensors. Took it in on July 5th, dealership was clueless, I filled in the service manager on everything I knew from GM and here about it and by the end of the day they had the sensors ordered. Not sure how / when the software update will come b/c the one that I installed yesterday everyone here is talking about had nothing related to Extract mode mentioned anywhere.
I would expect them to be calling Techline about it if they can't figure out how to apply the software. It could be a necessary step in the process that the software isn't made available to the system until they tell them the sensors are installed. Otherwise it could cause damage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just an FYI to the community.. truck has been at the dealer for 2 days now for the Extract mode 'recall' (thats how GM put it into the system apparently). Service mgr said sensors are all now installed but not only is Extract not available, the other 3 ride height settings no longer function. They had a TAC case open since yesterday but got told this afternoon around 1:30pm PDT that they wont be getting any additional info from HQ on why its not working so tomorrow we will see what the morning brings for day 3 of this marketed 'over the air update'.

Figured this might be helpful for others who think this could be a quick service appointment at their dealer (if the dealers never done it before).

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,096 Posts
Just an FYI to the community.. truck has been at the dealer for 2 days now for the Extract mode 'recall' (thats how GM put it into the system apparently). Service mgr said sensors are all now installed but not only is Extract not available, the other 3 ride height settings no longer function. They had a TAC case open since yesterday but got told this afternoon around 1:30pm PDT that they wont be getting any additional info from HQ on why its not working so tomorrow we will see what the morning brings for day 3 of this marketed 'over the air update'.

Figured this might be helpful for others who think this could be a quick service appointment at their dealer (if the dealers never done it before).
Very muddy air.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Definitely early adopter pains. Hopefully it’s just available now hardware and software from the factory from now on…
Absolutely.. there are now 2 other HEVs that this agency services but I'm the first guinea pig. They have been good on the communication to me that its all new and uncharted waters and I understand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Picked it up from the dealer.. truck definitely feels MUCH taller in Extract. It a heft step up for me at 6'3" and driving (limited to 12 mph) the truck feels completely different. I think the 4 wheel steering is much more aggressive as it felt like closer to crab walk mode than standard driving when turning.

I've run into a minor 'humm' though and that is after lowering it back to normal it wont go back to the lowest exit setting and the 'lower when put in park' isnt kicking on the lower to the entry / exit setting. Letting her sit for a bit and will go test again, never had air suspension so not sure if the parts get over worked and need to cool down or whatever. Fingers crossed I dont need to take it back to the dealer for a 3rd trip for this feature to be functional.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Picked it up from the dealer.. truck definitely feels MUCH taller in Extract. It a heft step up for me at 6'3" and driving (limited to 12 mph) the truck feels completely different. I think the 4 wheel steering is much more aggressive as it felt like closer to crab walk mode than standard driving when turning.

I've run into a minor 'humm' though and that is after lowering it back to normal it wont go back to the lowest exit setting and the 'lower when put in park' isnt kicking on the lower to the entry / exit setting. Letting her sit for a bit and will go test again, never had air suspension so not sure if the parts get over worked and need to cool down or whatever. Fingers crossed I dont need to take it back to the dealer for a 3rd trip for this feature to be functional.

View attachment 2574 View attachment 2575
Wow, Awesome...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Soo... day after getting her back and the ride height system is definitely not operating as I expect it should. Was able to get the truck to go to the lowered Entry/Exit state last night in the garage after hours of sitting and today it rose back up to normal height after leaving the garage and starting to drive. But all subsequent times parking the truck the 'lowering vehicle' icon flashed briefly and then nothing happened and manually trying set the truck to Entry / Exit did nothing after a few seconds and the UI changing back from the height selection menu. Since the truck seems 'stuck' in normal height I'm not going to risk trying to raise it back to Increased or Extract mode since it wont fit in the garage nor really be highway functional in those suspension configuration.

Ahh the fun of being one of the first with something new!

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
60 Posts
What probably should happen is dealer gets new parts that include a code for Techline to get a VCI number so the tech can update the software. I haven’t had the opportunity to do one yet, but I wonder if it has a relearn procedure that wasn’t done correctly or a reset of a module.

Driving over 20mph is also a soft reset for the air suspension maybe try that

·
Registered
102 Posts
What probably should happen is dealer gets new parts that include a code for Techline to get a VCI number so the tech can update the software. I haven’t had the opportunity to do one yet, but I wonder if it has a relearn procedure that wasn’t done correctly or a reset of a module.

Driving over 20mph is also a soft reset for the air suspension maybe try that
When I picked it up after day 3 of being at the dealer the service manager said that TAC had told the technician that morning to pull the fuse for the suspension system and then run through the software upgrade (I got the myGMC phone app notification then that the truck had successfully updated its software) and also do the height re-calibrate procedure. Since the truck is in its normal ride height which I can park in our garage its not much of a daily usage issue minus the wife having an extra 2 inch step up/down since it wont lower to the Exit settings. I did put in about 80 miles on the highway today so definitely crossed the soft reset threshold as well as plenty of time overnight to 'cool off' incase somehow by going up to Extract and back down twice yesterday afternoon I overheated the air compressor unit (which would have really shocked me it was that limited in its usage before needing a long cooldown period).

Hope you get to do an upgrade soon @TRider86 as I'm usually giving the team at my local dealer more info about things than they know thanks to this forum.

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
60 Posts
When I picked it up after day 3 of being at the dealer the service manager said that TAC had told the technician that morning to pull the fuse for the suspension system and then run through the software upgrade (I got the myGMC phone app notification then that the truck had successfully updated its software) and also do the height re-calibrate procedure. Since the truck is in its normal ride height which I can park in our garage its not much of a daily usage issue minus the wife having an extra 2 inch step up/down since it wont lower to the Exit settings. I did put in about 80 miles on the highway today so definitely crossed the soft reset threshold as well as plenty of time overnight to 'cool off' incase somehow by going up to Extract and back down twice yesterday afternoon I overheated the air compressor unit (which would have really shocked me it was that limited in its usage before needing a long cooldown period).

Hope you get to do an upgrade soon @TRider86 as I'm usually giving the team at my local dealer more info about things than they know thanks to this forum.
I hope to see one soon too, I would like to see what the process is supposed to be. This kind of stuff why I am here on this forum. GM really doesn’t have their shit together on this leaving customers like you more knowledgeable than most GM employees but also frustrating on the dealership side as they get no or very limited support behind them too. I have a truck with 1600 miles that has high voltage isolation fault that GM said don’t touch it until engineers can look at a snapshot. Its been 2 days of nothing so far and I could have been well into diagnosis.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts